Pleasanton Ferrari Owners? | FerrariChat

Pleasanton Ferrari Owners?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by khayes, Dec 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I am moving to Pleasanton, Ca in a few months and was there this week looking at houses. I saw a red F512M on Hopyard Saturday afternoon. I am curious if there are many Ferrari owners in or around that area and if so where you have your cars serviced.

I'm having the engine out 30K mile service performed on my 86 TR this week so hopefully it will be a while before I need anything else major.

2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I used to live in Pleasanton...there's tons of Ferraris in the area. Dunno about servicing.

3. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    There is a group of people in Danville/Blackhawk that take out their cars every once in a while. Not exclusively Ferrari, but majority.

My advice for service is to find the best independent and have him service your car. You are lucky that in the Bay Area there are a number of good ones. Will Haible is the one I've heard the most good things about, but he retired a couple of years back I've heard. Might want to check anyway in case I'm mistaken.

Cheers

4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    KHayes....There is a great mechanic in your backyard, Wayne Hynes of SR Exotics. Check out his website at www.srexoticautomotive.com. He is at 4001 First Street Suite 5, Livermore, (925) 759-6120. If you see him in the next 5-10 days, you can see an end-to-end he is completing on my '77 308...Pretty sweet work.

5. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Thanks Peters. I will check your guy out. That is only 7 miles away from where I will be located.

6. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    Have you move to Pleasanton yet?.I'm starting to build my abode in ruby hill . Maybe one of these day i'll be complete. Anyone build there house know what i mean. I just posted some pictures under thread Blackhawk. Two well-known shop around us are: Pattrick Ottis in Emyryville and Brian Crall new shop in San Ramon (primo- mechanic @ F-LosGatos). Henry

7. calbear

calbear Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Joon Lee
    Hi Henry,
    I too am building my home in Ruby Hill. We should chat soon. I'd like to meet up with you and some of the car guys in the Pleasanton area. Please shoot me an email or PM, and we can speak about cars and construction.

Thanks!

8. Dave_Car_Guy

Dave_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 24, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Welcome (back?) Calbear,

I live near Pleasanton (in Danville) and only just got my F355 a few months ago and I'm going through some of teh ssaame questions. I have my car at Silicon Valley Auto Group now being worked on and I'll let you know how that work tunrs out. meanwhile, We'll need to go for a ride as soon as you're settled!
    -Dave

9. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    We have our driving group in SJ Valley that we often go for sunday brunches. check out some pix threads that we took the last few sunday brunches and drive - blackhawk and infineon. join us for our next sunday brunch @ santana row on 8/1/04. detail will post later when infos are complete. henry. to cal bear, wife taking care of total project building except for the garages, motor court, loft and the theater room. that's my terraries. less headache

10. calbear

calbear Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Joon Lee
    Hi Dave- Congratulations on the purchase of your 355! I'm very excited for you. I'll have to take you up on your offer for a ride :) I currently live in San Jose, but go up to Pleasanton about 4 to 5 days a week. I've been heading over to Danville every once in a while to look at construction stuff, so the next time I'm around, perhaps I can take you out to lunch. I imagine you will become part of the SJ Valley that Henry is referring to, so I hope to see you there as well.

Hi Henry- Thank you for letting me know about your group. I have seen the pictures you have posted, and it enthralls me to see such nice collections of exotic cars. I'll plan to have my wife and I attend the next event.
    In terms of the home construction, I am handling everything. I'm leaving the decoration to her (with the exception of the garages, study, home theatre, and game room). I'd like to talk with you off-line (such as where in Ruby Hill you're located), so I hope you don't mind if I send you an email.

Thanks all.

11. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I REGRET I MADE THIS POST! This mechanic made me go through hell and back! My car was in his shop for 14 months and the job ended up in Small Claims court (in my favor for $5K). IMP, DO NOT GO TO SR Exotics!

12. Coujer

Coujer Karting

Jul 19, 2004
    Carmel, CA
    Full Name:
    Laurent C. Richard
    Wow that sucks, at least it ended in your favor. But glad to hear about the feedback and a good warning for the rest us.

13. calbear

calbear Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Joon Lee
    Hi Peter,
    I read your other thread, and I am sorry to hear about your situation. Thank you for informing us of the details. Good luck putting your car back together.

14. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    sorry to hear it. we'll stay away from him. hope to see you on one of our sunday drive brunhces. henry