SAT 07/17 --- Caravan to Steve's in NH !!! | FerrariChat

SAT 07/17 --- Caravan to Steve's in NH !!!

Discussion in 'New England' started by Doody, Jul 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    ladies and germs:

it's a tad late on notice, but for those of you travelling from points south of 90/95 in MA let's see if we can't hook up to caravan together.

i'm proposing the following:

PLACE: there's a rest stop on 95N located between Route 2 and Route 2A exits. it's a mobil/exxon with a mcdonalds. )if you're coming south on 95, turn around via the Route 2 exit.)

TIME: steve is kicking off the festivities at 11:00ish. it looks like just over an hour from there to his place. so i'm thinking 09:30-09:45 arrivals with an 09:50 exit.

feel free to rsvp in this thread - or just show up at the appointed time!

please do make sure you've RSVP'd to steve if you're going and haven't already.

ciao,
    doody

2. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Sounds good to me, I'll prob hook up with Kenny at Rt. 138 around 9am

Mark

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    bring your radios if you've got 'em.

channel 3 / 8.

i've got an extra one someone is welcome to borrow.

doody

4. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Yup we've got that routine down. Now let's try to get past the Univ. Ave exit without someone pointing this time :)

Kenny

5. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    would you guys continue on Rt. 2 to where it meets 190 and then we can go up a couple of nice twisty roads thru townsend and over the border to a nice road before stevens house. I've traveled those and they are fun.
    T

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    racerx - i don't think we'll have time. we need to get to steve's for 11:00.

doody.

7. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    OK see you at stevens.
    T

8. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

RT 31 or 13? My fave "playground" :) They JUST repaved the MA. section of it too with a good, grippy coarse pavement.

9. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Yes Steven, They are both excellent roads (forested in parts like Northern Ca) and the most direct route to your house, but whatever.
    T

10. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    FWIW, I'd be game. AFAIC the bash starts when we get there. 11, 11:15, 11:30 whats the diff ? I have all day, my curfew as been lifted :) Checking the map it looks like an interesting ride. The last 2 times I've done any significant mileage has been up RT3 to NH suffice to say I wouldnt be adverse to a change in scenery. At least for the ride up. That's my 2 cents. Whaddaya say folks ?

K.

11. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ok, now you driving guys are getting me all jealous! Alas, want to wait for the new Kinesis rims and Mich Pilot PS2 tires to REALLY take her for a spin. Basically, they DID NOT realign the car after the lowering/new suspension and i noticed a BAD inner front tire reduction of the rubber so i have "lost" nearly 2 inches of front tire grip! And yes, went back and they aligned her this week but she is nervous during hard cornering now due to the loss of rubber :(

The new rims/tires and MUCH better than i have on her now PLUS will add a full FOUR inches to overall tire grip (1 inch per tire) so grip should not be a problem :)

12. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    I'll be at the rest stop Sir Doody! I hope somebody is planning on bringing digital video camera to record the spin?

-N

13. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    see you guys in a bit.

if you dont' have my cell#, email if you need to reach me: mr_doody AT yahoo DOT com.

doody.

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    just wanted to say thanks to steven for hosting lunch.

always a gracious host, as usual. grazie!

it was great to see the usual faces and meet a few new ones as well.

happy birthday, dude!

doody.

15. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Had a great time, and am happy to report it was well worth the severe scowling of disaproval the little lady is giving me as we speak. It was supposed to be a "yes dear, I'm going to be back in an hour" type deal. Alas, as Marc pointed out bad is bad - there really aren't any degrees ;)

Anyway, here are some pix I snapped -- http://nabbs.fbody.com/fcars/

I'll also post about the Brewery field trip on the 7th.

Great meeting all of you, and thanks for letting me and my Chevy hang.

-N

16. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Hey Nabbs

Thx for letting me take the Z06 for a spin. 1st time i've ever driven a Vette. I can see the attraction. Tons of V8 torque and and great brakes. Great bang for the buck! Too bad you had to split with that accident still being cleared up. Steven took the Tr out some time later and they were still mopping up the scene. We'll get you out in the Tr next time we hook up. That Rt31 is nice road to learn and let it all hang out, right Steve ?!? Thanks for sticking with us all the way up.

Hey racerx.... I trust you made it home ok albeit a bit slow!

Kenny K.

17. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    Thanks Steven!

Nice to get together and renew a number of acquaintances, as well as make some new ones!

Keep the shiny side up everyone...

Kind Regards, Chris

PS: Steven, I'm the guy that races with SCCA and several other clubs. Usually in my yellow car, although occasionally my red car gets treated to a driving session at Lime Rock! That web site you asked about concerning "High Performance Driver Ed" events is www.scda1.com

18. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    See my other thread. Even in a flatbed with my shark in the big rearview mirror Rt. 31 was a fun drive. That's what i'm talking about for good times. NH and VT are filled with those roads.
    T

19. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Thanks everyone for attending and sorry to hear RacerX about your problem :(

Yes, RT 31 is fun :) Will be posting some pics soon as i JUST got home from a long weekend away.

Kenny, MANY thanks for allowing me to enjoy the TR and hope the drive in my 308 was fun for you. The 308 has more tweaks to be done.

Chris, i expected the Honda so that is why i made the error. MANY thanks for the link and looking forward to more driving fun :)

Doody, MANY thanks for the WONDERFUL (as always) choice in wine. You are indeed a very well-tuned aficionado!

As always, it brings me joy to meet so many wonderful enthusiasts! Forza Ferrari! :)

20. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven