no heat in my 355 | FerrariChat

no heat in my 355

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ima2nr, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ima2nr

ima2nr Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    atlanta ga
    Full Name:
    kevin prickett
    well, I just finished driving home from work (2 hour drive) without any heat... I've determined that my luck has run out...

(earlier this week a rock hit my windshield right on the driverside... Ferrari said it would only cost 4300.00 to replace it... no problem, I can't think of any thing else I'd love to spend that kinda money on, can you?)

well, back to the heat thing, I removed all the trim panels under the hood and now have the heater valve and other mysterious gadgets exposed. can anyone tell me which part is most likely bad? the stealership.... OOPS, I mean dealership has no idea which part most likely failed. They think it could be the contol unit (1800.00), or maybe the hot water valve (650.00), or maybe even a small cpu somewhere.

can anyone tell me if they have been down this road before? I just read the post about the 102K mile car... that great... I've only got 29K and hope this is the last of my problems....I guess the windshield has me a little bitter!!!

2. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen

3. ima2nr

ima2nr Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    atlanta ga
    Full Name:
    kevin prickett
    well Rudy, I'd be glad to fax you a copy of the quote from FOAtlanta for 4300.00. this quote includes the glass 2800.00, labor 500.00, and a new piece of trim for approx 800.00. this would fall under my comprehensive insurance coverage. BTW, I really don't want to make a claim with my carrier if I don't have too.

Thanks for reading my post, but I was looking for some help with my heat problem, not some one telling me they think I blowing smoke about the cost to replace a windshield.

BTW- your profile says you have a 550 and a 1964 330 GT, seems you should know what it cost to repair a F car...

Does anyone else know what might be wrong with my heat? Guess I'll see my best friends a the dealership tommorow morning....

4. ima2nr

ima2nr Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    atlanta ga
    Full Name:
    kevin prickett
    well, I went to the dealership this morning, 20 minutes of labor and a 650.00 hotwater stepper motor valve later and I now have heat.

I was fortunate enough to catch the dealer with a used part on hand for approx half price. (the sum of 300.00 to be exact).

thank you to all those that sent private messages and links in an effort to assist me in this problem.

just a side note..... for the future guys reading this post. If you take the motorized part of the valve off of the plastic vavle housing, you can manually control the heat, or the absence of heat by hand.... annoying, but way better than freezing your a$$ off!!!!

5. yfc

yfc Karting

Dec 23, 2003
    Geneva / Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Hi ima2nr,

Have you finaly found the cause of your problem? What was it?

I'm very curious since I'm having a similar problem with my F355 Berlinetta.

Regards,
    Christophe.