Alpine Countach | FerrariChat

Alpine Countach

Discussion in 'Canada' started by johnhoughtaling, Jul 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I know this is lambo related and not Ferrari related, but I'm looking for info/photos, or any documents about a Countach toured around Canada in the mid 80s as an advertisement for Alpine.

I'm in the midst of a ground up restoration of what I believe is this car, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Avia1

Avia1 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    Talk to Zahir at ZR Auto in Calgary and he should be able to give you the scoop.

3. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Bought the car from Zahir. He was told it was the alpine car but nother other than that. Anyone else??????

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Is it a carburated 1986 by chance ? What rocker panels...if any...does it have ? I know the car and a few like it.

5. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Keith:

Thanks for the response. Th enubmer is 12961, and yes its the carbed 1986 quatrovalve. Glen Kohut, sent me the Canadian registration and it confirms that this was the Alpine QV.

Also spoke with the two executive at Alpine. They confirmed that the carbed QV #12961 was the car that was sent on the V12 tour and was raffled off, and won by a private in the Canadian army.

(As you suggested there were 3 Alpine Lamborghinis. One was a 1983 Countach. The second was mine, #12961, the 1986 carbed QV, and the third was the Diablo.) I believe mine was the only car every purchased by Alpine.

I would greatly value ANYTHING you can did up on the car, whether they be records, pictures, advertisements, anything. Its gone through a cost no object, restoration by Gary Bobileff, and I will be showing the car at Concorso Italiano in August. I'm very anxious to back the car up with its proper history.

Thanks.

John

6. CTEV2

CTEV2 Karting

Feb 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Charlie Thomas
    #6 CTEV2, Aug 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Good luck with that John!. Sounds exciting. Oh and.....any pics? ;-)