Maserati Insurance in Hong Kong | FerrariChat

Maserati Insurance in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Asia' started by rickQ, Jul 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rickQ

rickQ Rookie

Jul 15, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Dear All,

I have recently arrived in Hong Kong from the UK and just about to pick up a Maser coupe, the insurance is being arranged by the main dealer and at 37K
    seems a bit steep to me. Are there any online HK brokers I could just double check that the dealers not taking the piss.

Rick

2. Onlinesys

Onlinesys Formula Junior

May 1, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Hi Rick,

Welcome to HK. Insurance for Maser & Ferrari is very difference as compared with other private cars over here. Definitely no on-line brokers could provide you any quote at all. HK$37K for a comprehensive coverage is actualy not too bad for someone who just arrived in HK with zero No-Claim-Bonus. I suggest you should check with your usual insurance company in UK if they have any partner/subsidary companies over here so that you could transfer the NCB instead to save some money.

Cheers

3. alecela

alecela Formula Junior

May 12, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Jester
    my insurance company here accepted the NCB from U.K. with no problem. I got my insurance comapny in U.K. to issue a letter of statement that's all it took.

Having said that I got the feeling that premium here is quite a bit higher. (i.e. the premium on my F-car is abt. double of the premium of my P-car in UK assuming same 60% NCB)

4. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ring neil raymond at kwiksure 2915-6108, he's good.

5. rickQ

rickQ Rookie

Jul 15, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for all the info, it looks like i have to bite the bullet and go with the quote, anyway picking the car up today so off for a blast,

I heard the speed cameras are everywhere here, any good radar detectors here? I used to have a road angle in the UK which was superb for picking out fixed units (it used GPS), it even works out which way down the road you are travelling so a camera that faces the other lane will not trigger the alarm.

Having said that it was total kack for handheld spped traps, I saw the police with a laser gun in Hyde Park in london so I went around the block 4 times (they must have thought it a bit odd) but not a chirp from the machine.

I have been told there is no such GPS based sytem in HK.

I will keep you posted on how it goes,

Rick

6. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Valentine one. most of the high speed drivers here use it. But i did see an interesting spray can that puts a coating on your plate so when a camera takes a pic with the flash it overexposes the plate so you cannot actually make out the numbers. Aparently it does work. http://www.phantomplate.com/photoblocker.html

7. Onlinesys

Onlinesys Formula Junior

May 1, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Has anyone ever tried the photoblocker before?

Any comment?