Does Ferrari sell off its development cars? Is it for sale or isn't it? | FerrariChat

Does Ferrari sell off its development cars? Is it for sale or isn't it?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mark(study), Jul 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
  2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I have *heard* a number of sources claiming this as well. I am interested to know the answer as well.

PS your link is broken.

3. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I thought the NNO had plenty of downforce when the little wing popped up. I guess there is no such thing as to much downforce

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Depends on your goal...

5. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Buy that for me, k? :cool:

6. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Mark, I never knew what that was in your avatar! I knew it looked like an Enzo, but I didn't know why there was a wing there!

7. an032nv

an032nv Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Clovis, California
    Full Name:
    Chris Torosian
    I think the wing is on there because they were using it as a test car for the Maserati MC12 which comes with a wing, the enzo's adjustable wing that comes stock raises and lowers depending on speed to add downforce

8. Silver99

Silver99 Rookie
    BANNED

May 22, 2004
    Hi Mark,

I'd imagine it IS for sale, but it may only be available in the way that their other premier historical racing cars are (i.e. the customer F1 program).

Basically with the F1 program you buy and do own the used racer, but it's stored at the factory. You're allowed to come and drive it as often around Fiorano as you like, and all maintenance is performed by retired Ferrari F1 techs and engineers when something breaks. I mention that for the Enzo/Maser MC12 GT development car in the photo, because it's surrounded by two F1 cars that I know the factory has offered to customers via this program in the past.

It's a neat idea, particularly running laps in the F2002 around Fiorano with full telemetry and factory support, but you're not allowed to take the car off of the premises for several reasons (no, not tech related for F1 spies, it's actually legal liability concerns that the factory has along with maintenance issues).

There was a great write up about the program in a Car and Drive a while ago, very interesting.

9. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    The regular Enzo has a wing? I never knew that. Anyone got pictures of it up?

10. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    its a little tiny thing that comes up like a 911tt's.

11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
  12. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Thanks Silver, very interresting program.

Is there a Broker or Shop that post ads for the Used F1 program, or is it straight through Ferrari SPA ?