SBC DSL driving me nuts | FerrariChat

SBC DSL driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LSU348, Jul 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In case you were not aware - SBC DSL uses off shore phone operators for their tech support. I have talked to nice people in India and in the Phillipines. They read their scripted questions and answers quite well. Unfortunately, they have no clue how to solve a problem in a timely manner. Once Oct rolls around and I can dump this junk I am headed back to a cable modem. I am also getting voice over IP phone service and telling SBC to cram their entire service package.

Oh...as long as your phone is working your DSL will be up. Yea, go believe that one.

The kicker is when my complaint was "My DSL light is off." The fix from the technician was "your password needed to be reset." Helloooo! As long as the DSL was making it to the modem I could connect...passwords were just fine.

Well, I hope I have bought a few plates of Tandori chicken for some Indian family with my monthly bills.

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I have SBC DSL at home, and T3 At&T at my apartment. I have never had any problems with SBC the two years I have been using it. Granted it is not as fast as my T3 connection, everytime I have called SBC if I had any questions, they were very prompt and professional.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles.

Also, I think Tandoori Chicken is what non Indian people order when they go to an Indian restaurant. Most Indian people do not eat Tandoori chicken.

3. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Your lucky. When I had to deal with SBC's tech support I could barely understand what they were saying, their responses sucked, and I had to repeat my phone number to them about 12, maybe 13 times.

"No that was a Six! A Six! not a Seven!"
    "Seven, yes Nine-Seven-Seven"
    "NO god-damnit Nine-Six-Seven, Nine-Six!-Seven."

They did however manage to direct me to their tech-support site where I was able to e-mail them and lo and behold, these people can write english, but they can not speak it.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I'm kinda torn between chicken vindaloo and navratna korma.

DL

5. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    HAHAHAHA i dont have to deal with that crap over here on the east coast, comcast cable modem, cant beat it.

Must get to post 575 tonight therefore i can sleep with it on my mind.

6. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Man, how can you eat that stuff? The smell just does me in. I can't even sit in the vicinity of an Indian restaurant, I would just die.

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Look at it as a short term food rental!

EWWWWWWWWW :D:D:D

DL

8. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Lets go get some ethnic food sometime. I know of a few very good places, one especially nice in BH, in your neck of the woods. :)

9. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sadly, I LOVED the SBC DSL service I had just 5 miles down the street at my old house (2 car garage...My car, wife's car, V-rod...Ferrari was in storage garage...ummm...Daddy upgraded garages...and got a big house as an added benefit). The hook up here in the new house is just horrid.

Tandori chicken is all I can handle in an indian restaurant. Pass the Colonel's recipe my way first please.