Rob, FerrariChat's Transport Dispatch Section Suggestion?? | FerrariChat

Rob, FerrariChat's Transport Dispatch Section Suggestion??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, Jul 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Rob and others....

What do you all think about starting a Fchat Car Carrier dispatch section? With our thousands of members and proportionate ownership of Fcars and other exotics, I have to believe we have members moving cars all across the nation each and everyday....

Having a dispatch forum where owners who need to ship cars from A to B for whatever reasons (service, relocation, car shows..ect) can post should, one improve execution in timeliness of pickup/dlvd (the most important thing to all of us) and two, ultilize economics of backhaul freight, a benefit for carriers as well to minimize all the deadhaul milage. In the end, save everyone money.

Let me be the first..."Later this week, Gary Almond is picking up my 360 from Kansas City and deliver it to Continental Ferrari in Chicago for a complete 30K major service. Being a loyal custodian that Gary is to those faithful to his reputation, he plans to drive straight from MA to KC....with or without haul". So while he is sourcing his dispatch book, does anyone on here have any car that needs to go from MA toward the KS, NE, MO, CO, OK, TX area this week? If you do, get in touch w/ Gary Almond. He is a member here.

Thanks, guys.

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Tom,

Definetly a wise idea. I will likely need to move a car from NJ to OR next week.

--Dan

3. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Tom,

Very good idea indeed. Transport companies like myself are always looking for ways to help complete loads. Myself, I run a two car enclosed hauler and a single car hauler all over the country.

Maybe for transport companies, and F-Chat discount would be appropriate.

Jonathan Peck

4. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Jonathan,

BTW, though I might have ignored you for the time being but I hadn't forgotten your email about the Lambo at your dealership. I'm just a bit unsure whether I am in position to add, change or possibly revised. You will be the first to know.

Regards, T

5. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

bobafett----

With that much geography to cover, you don't need an enclosed truck, you need a freight forwarder...(just kidding).

Call Gary Almond @ 240-004-1343 or PM him. Jersey is within the proximity of his crib. You will be happy w/ his service. I will never use anyone else even if it's FREE.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Right now I've frozen the expansion of new forums. I've even thought about collapsing a few. Should just post these inquiries to local regional areas. I haven't seen too many of them.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    When does CarbonChat expand...? :D

8. jonathanp

jonathanp Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    No problem Tom, call whenever it is convenient.

JP