want to DYNO your car?? | FerrariChat

want to DYNO your car??

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by atlantaman, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I have run across a shop with a chasis dyno and for about 100.00 they will strap your car in and do 3 Dynojet pulls for you...(Atlanta area)

Taking my car in this week

anyone else interested?--maybe we car rent out a day of time and have a gathering on some Saturday.

2. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Allspeed in Peachtree City is much cheaper than that. They'll do 3 pulls for $50 on Saturday and $75 any other day. I know the owners well, and I'd be glad to arrange an F-Chat day there if there is enough interest.

3. Speed

Speed Rookie

Jan 5, 2004
    Peachtree City, GA
    Full Name:
    Glen Berry
  4. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I have discovered the actual charge at the shop in Norcross and it is listed at 59.95.
    Thanks for the info about P'tree city but that is 1.5 hours away and I also need someone that can work on Electromotive TEC-3 system and I know this shop has experience with this kind of EFI

But at 50.00--a weekend gathering for those on the southside sounds cool.

5. gocargo

gocargo Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Atl,Ga & 1000 Is, NY
    Full Name:
    Rob Bert

6. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    balanced performance--SugarHill GA( ask for ED)

go to their website for a coupon

7. Siegel Racing

Siegel Racing Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scott Siegel
    I hope nobody minds advertising in here, but it seems pretty aplicable to this thread:

We have a 4-wheel Dynapack Dyno here at Subaru of Gwinnett. For 2wd we can do 3-6 pulls for $80 (no set-up charge). Our dyno is more designed for tuning than just dynoing to get the numbers.

For those unfamiliar with the Dynapack (www.dynapackusa.com), you remove the wheels and the hubs bolt straight to the wheel-hubs. It takes a little longer to set-up, but the dyno has full control over the car. We can set any ramp rate, or hold the car at any rpm, at any throttle position.

I have experience tuning a wide variety of engine management.

Just an alternative. Ed is an AWESOME guy with TONS of experience.

We can do a dyno day, or even a tune day with corner scales, laser alignment, etc. We've had a few of these events and we have a lot we can clear for a show if people are interested.

Thanks,
    Scott
    <><
    Siegel Racing
    404-388-8751
    www.siegelracing.com
    Performance Engineer
    Subaru of Gwinnett/Atlanta
    678-584-7251
    www.subaruofgwinnett.com

8. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Lets do a dyno day!!!!

I also know that theres a place in Marietta that does discounted runs on like wednesday or thursday.

Luke.

9. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Scott -- that is a GREAT offer. I'm going to ask our FCA Georgia rep to get in touch with you regarding potentially doing an event under Ferrari Club sponsorship.

Mike Charness
    www.fca-se.com

10. Siegel Racing

Siegel Racing Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scott Siegel
    We can make great deals for full dyno or tune days. Please give me a call anytime.

Thanks,
    Scott
    <><
    Siegel Racing
    404-388-8751
    www.siegelracing.com
    Performance Engineer
    678-584-7251
    www.subaruofgwinnett.com

11. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    This sounds terrific.Someone set this up!!

12. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    If this gets set up I would be interested in dyno'ing my car too!

13. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I've asked Tom Spiro to look into setting this up, including advertising it in the FCA NewsBulletin calendar for FCA Georgia/Atlanta.

Mike Charness
    www.fca-se.com

14. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I would not overlook Balanced Performance--the location that I started this thread with-- They have a Ferrari mechanic on staff and have a lot of experience with Ferraris

They will rent out by the day or individually

15. Siegel Racing

Siegel Racing Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scott Siegel
    One question to answer first is whether it's going to be a dyno day, where we put 12 cars through the dyno at 3-6 runs apiece, or really spend some time tuning fewer cars. I think Ed would agree with me that the dynapack is a superior tuning device (NOT that I am a superior tuner, Ed's been doing it longer and with MUCH more variety than me, in fact, I bet we could get Ed to come here, I think he's no longer on retainer at Balanced) but the roller dyno is a little faster to get cars on and off. Then again, the lovely F-cars are all 2wd, so they are pretty quick on the Dynapack too.

Anyway, I think we should do it at our place because I have always been a Shuey fan ;) In fact, if we do it next Saturday, we can have Candian GP qualifying on while we dyno. How ya gonna beat that? Seriously, we'd love to have you. If it makes a difference, we might be able to get Ed to come by for some team tuning.

Thanks,
    Thanks,
    Scott
    <><
    Siegel Racing
    404-388-8751
    www.siegelracing.com
    Performance Engineer
    678-584-7251
    www.subaruofgwinnett.com

16. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    When you "tune" on the dyno what parameters of the car do you change and how?

Luke.

17. Siegel Racing

Siegel Racing Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scott Siegel
    "Tuning" requires some sort tunable Engine Management (EM). Some guys have Motec's, TEC-II's, or Haltech's, which are "stand-alones" as in they completely replace the factory ECU. Others use piggy-backs, like the APEXi SAFC. They allow tweaking of the Air Fuel Ratios (AFR) the older (but still lovely of course) F-cars had distributors, so we can tweak the timing on the dyno just by playing with that.

If there is no tunable EM, then we really can't do much tuning. That said, there is a company that I am associated with that is hoping to do some testing of experimental spark plugs. At the moment one of the first plugs they have ready fits the 308. This company would like to give a few free dynos (and free plugs) to somebody in exchange for using the car for marketing testing. The plugs have been tested extensively on engine dynos, but they want chassis dyno testing for marketing.

Thanks again,
    Thanks,
    Thanks,
    Scott
    <><
    Siegel Racing
    404-388-8751
    www.siegelracing.com
    Performance Engineer
    678-584-7251
    www.subaruofgwinnett.com

18. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    any progress on this?

19. Siegel Racing

Siegel Racing Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scott Siegel
    We can dyno anytime, or if we can get like 10 guys, we could do it for $60 each and have an "event."

On a side note, I can offer a free dyno to a 308 owner... I'm going to make a public offering..

Thanks,
    Scott

20. c2turbo.com

c2turbo.com Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    #20 c2turbo.com, Jul 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Guys I am new to the board but would like to offer a dyno night to all intrested My best freind own's a DYNOLAB in Marrietta and I pretty much live there he does a dyno night evey thursday night and will stay as late as needded sometime we are there till 1:00am If any one want to go this thursday or next let me know there are always tons of high HP cars Porsches / supras / and more

Thanks C2turbo

here are the direction ( Thats one of my cars on the Dyno)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    wow, thats one hell of a porsche!

22. c2turbo.com

c2turbo.com Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Thanks that my weekend car (700+rwhp ) I enjoy the 355 as a daily driver

Is anyone intrested ???

Thanks David

www.c2turbo.com

23. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    What systems are they familiar with? I need some fine tuning on one of my toys. It uses a SEFI8LO (SpeedPro) now F.A.S.T ECU. I've swapped my turbo and put in slightly higer flow injectors and just need to dial thing in a bit.

Jeff Davison

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'll probably wander over there on Thursday even if I don't put my car on the dyno. It's close to home and right next to the hobby shop (AAA Hobbies) I visit three times a week!

25. c2turbo.com

c2turbo.com Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    #25 c2turbo.com, Jul 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Aurther the owner does not tune himself but there are many tuners that use his shop and I am sure he would be able to recomend someone that would be able resolve any tuning issues I have been tuning on tec 3's for about 2 years now but have not tuned on a f.a.s.t system or Motec Aurther does however offer powder coating jet coating and all kinds of fabrication services
    from roll cages to intakes. we just finished building a intercooler and headers for my 3.8 twin to fit a set of gt28rs bb turbos and all new plumbing pretty cool stuff.

Hope this helps

L8tr C2turbo

This is a pic of the my new f355b 98 f1 that I picked up last week its taking a little getting use 2 it drives like no porsche I know , not saying I like is better than any of my P-cars just diffrent I am still blown away at all the attention the car gets!