Silver or Yellow? | FerrariChat

Silver or Yellow?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by MaseratiGuy, Jul 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaseratiGuy

MaseratiGuy Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Which is your favorite color on the Coupe?

Thanks

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    silver/bordeax for sure, car is not wedgy enough for yellow, yellow is good on cheese-shaped cars;) f355, 328, 512 etc, Maser is sedate and classy;)

3. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    silver! i also love the grey. i agree, i like yellow but not as much in this car.

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    White with blacked out windows or black with blacked out windows... If black and blacked out windows, chrome the wheels black, too... Trust me...

...ok, ok, go with the silver... sigh...

5. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hands down Yellow. No question about it. Silvers are dime a dozen. Be bold, be brave, get the yellow. :D

6. The Godmother

The Godmother Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Marci H.
    I saw a gold colored convertible, matching top and fawn interior. Very elegant.

7. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    #7 scott61, Jul 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I agree that yellow would not look good on a Maserati coup and feel already to many silver cars on the road. Before you pick a color make sure you see a car in person. Maserati web site and those little color tiles they have at dealership do not really show the way it looks. I had blu Mediterraneo picked out from dealer color samples then as I was walking around showroom I saw a Ferrari in Azzuro California and loved it and was told Maserati has a very similar Azzuro Argentina. After having carbon black on my last car and finding it next to impossible to keep clean I wanted to go lighter this time. This color keeps looking great even a couple of weeks after detailing
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    silver - conservative, class, blends in easily with traffic and the streets too. also this color is much more prone to being hit due to blending in.

yellow - bold, will stand out like a sore thumb, or an enchanting thumb when wrapped around a coupe.

no choice in preference. I dig them both.

9. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Silver looks great, but like others have said, it is seen everywhere. Yellow? I'm sure you can strike a very good deal on a Yellow Coupe...they are a hard sell on the Coupe, not so much for the Spyder.

10. ARAR

ARAR Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
    Would'nt buy either. Silver does nothing for the Coupe's lines and Yellow does'nt sell on well in the UK (US?).

I owned a 3200GT in Blu Nettuno and have to say that Maseratis' seem to look best in dark colours which then allows you to go for the beautiful tan, beige or cream hides.

11. MaseratiGuy

MaseratiGuy Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Thanks fellas, I am going with Silver.

12. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I went with black... here is my new addition.

13. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    Every color are nice, if it is black...

14. didichen

didichen Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Some pics of my '02 Spyder CC:

- Tubi
    - Lowered Suspension
    - Dashboard in Interior Color
    - Carbon Fibre Trim on Door and Steering Wheel
    - Aftermarket Amp and Subwoofer
    - Slightly Tinted Side Windows
    - Red Calipers

Cheers,

Dietrich

15. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Dietrich,

The lowering definitely improved the look of the Spyder. A couple of questions:
    1. Did lowering the car negatively affect handling or ride?
    2. Was it accomplished simply by using a G-wrench on the coil-over spring 'seat ring'?
    3. Did you align the car after lowering it down?

Thanks!

16. didichen

didichen Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    See my response to your questions below. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

-D

>>
    Dietrich,

The lowering definitely improved the look of the Spyder. A couple of questions:
    1. Did lowering the car negatively affect handling or ride?
    - I did not experience worse handling after lowering the suspension; however, having said that, as you probably know, the 02 model has quite some cowl shake to begin with. So if you're fine with that, lowering the suspension does not make a difference.
    2. Was it accomplished simply by using a G-wrench on the coil-over spring 'seat ring'?
    - Not sure, how it was accomplished but the service guys said it was very easy, so I assume that yes, it was simply using the procedure you described.
    3. Did you align the car after lowering it down?
    - Yes, the service guys said that the car needs to be re-aligned after lowering it.

Thanks!

17. Ferrari experience

Jul 25, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'd go with silver.

18. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Regarding the silver are you talking about the light silver: Grigio Touring metallic. Looks pretty nice. I havent seen a yellow in person, but yellow with black interior looks good on a 360. if you like yellow.

Have you seen the dark blue: blue nettuno or lighter: azuro argentina.