DELIVERY TIME!?! | FerrariChat

DELIVERY TIME!?!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tsang85, Jul 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    from the time the dealer tells you the car has finished production, how long does it take for the dealer to actually take delivery? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? etc? perhaps 1 week?!

because...i'm so excited, and i just cant hide it. i'm about to lose control and i think i like it!

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I thought it was more like 90 days for it to finally arrive at the US dealer........sorry to burst your bubble.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    3 (or so) weeks to FNA, up to 1 week there then transportation to wherever you are.

DL

4. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    wow, 3 weeks? thats quite a long time. guess i'll have to be patient
    2 weeks to go!
    as far as the 90 days notion goes, i doubt it'll be that long

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Well, ask Brian Stradale... took him MANY months to get a car. Just hope FNA does not "lose" your car.

6. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    on every one of my cars it took a minimum or four weeks. you are probably looking at 4-5 weeks from the day it reaches the stage 90.

7. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Mine took 4 weeks from stage 90. They pulled it into the production schedule in early May and I took delivery the second week in July. So, about 67 days from the time it entered into production to my garage. Be patient :)

Worth every second of the wait.

8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    my car was at stage 20 on 4/19/04 and as of today it still shows at stage 20 but it has not been updated since 4/19/04. i wonder when i will get mine?

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    fwiw, here's my understanding of what's happening at the factory.

apparently in may or june they started ramping things faster. they apparently need to get a boatload of stuff out the door by the end of august in order to clear the way for the 430 process, et. al.

as a result, the factory is being aggressive (for lack of a better word) about putting cars into code 20 status (for those who don't know, this is the next code after code 10 - code 10 is basically "yup - we have your order" and code 20 is "this car is scheduled for production and no further changes can really be made").

my car was purportedly code 10 on 07/13. we tried to make some changes to the order. FNA was not happy about it but acquiesced based on the skillful work of the good folks at FoNE. but they told us the factory might not accept the changes. sure enough, the email came back the next day - the factory said the car was code 20 - no further changes were possible. [fwiw, i was told there's also a "code 10 red" which is a transition state from 10 to 20. the theory was that although my car showed as "code 10" on the computer, it was in fact "code 10 red" - hence the change rejections - whatever]

my car is not slated to exit production until the end of august. so that'd be seven weeks of production. and then transit and PDIs and the like.

that said, other folks i've talked to who've had production dates of june and july and august have seen their cars hit code 90 faster than expected. as part of clearing this stuff out of the factory, maybe they're pushing harder all around. obviously i won't complain too much if my car goes 90 before the end of august ;)

i've also heard told that this is relatively common behavior during this time of year. for future reference, perhaps, getting a production date in the 10/15-04/15 timeframe might be a better bet for predictability, change-ability, and reliable delivery times. this is totally just conjecture on my part.

doody.

10. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    my understanding is that if any car is not finished and shipped by the end of july that the next delivery date will be sometime in October since the factory is closed all of August.

11. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    hey guys, this all sounds pretty bad. If they're rushing production to get things out of the way for the 430, does that mean the cars they're building now will be poorly built, or not up to par with the ones of the past? I'm worried about all the potential recalls. I should give the dealer a call..
    he said that it should be here early august though. The car was slated to be finished production on the 2nd week of july.