The Official 360 Replacement Thread (aka 420 Monza, F430, etc) | Page 15 | FerrariChat

The Official 360 Replacement Thread (aka 420 Monza, F430, etc)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Brian C. Stradale, Apr 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think you miss understood me a little ;). I meant the 360 with the Enzo style rear lights looks to tall and narrow like a Hyundai coupe ... NOT the current 360 with the large round tail lights.

Look at all the photoshopped and mule pictures. The Enzo style lights are too small and there is way to much blank space ... which makes the car look tall and narrow IMO.

Just to be clear the current 360 rear looks good ;) to me.

Pete's opinion

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Come on grow some shoulders ... gee if you are that unsure about the car that you need other peoples glowing opinions, er, I wouldn't buy the car myself.

Buy the car for yourself, nobody else matters!

Pete's opinion

3. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Anybody have the new Road&Track?...page 53...upload some pics please...

4. Murcielago03

Murcielago03 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Shaan
    hope its not a repost. Enjoy!

5. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    You could've at least feigned an attempt to search before posting pics that are already here.

Greg A

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Damn!

I just vomited all over my key board ... going to take bloody ages to clean up the mess ...

Pete's not impressed ... infact the Hyundai Coupe is looking more attractive every day

7. repost, and the front is a photoshop I doubt the real car will look like this similar but not exactly.

8. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    #358 david1175, Jul 20, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    From www.autoracing1.com...
    In a scoop from Corsanews.it, Autoracing1.com was able to obtain this spy photo of the new Ferrari F430 taken today in the streets around Fiorano, Italy. The mayor of Fiorano, where the Ferrari test track is, closed a few streets so Ferrari could test their new car called the F430. Luca Montezemolo was not able to witness the test because he was busy with his new new job as President of Fiat, but he spoke through TV to those in attendance at the private test. The new car will carry a V8 with more power than the Modena. The engine is similar to that used in their Maserati cars. In the future the Alfa Romeo 8C may use the same engine. Ferrari hopes that the new F430 will be introduced at the end of the year in Detroit and Los Angeles. Before then, Ferrari F1 test driver Luca Badoer will be the primary tester of the new F430.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    What makes me chuckle is that a few of you talk about great designs, BUT you say the Lambo Murci is a great, or the best modern design. WHAT???? That design is just the old 70's-80's wedge design. Not only is that not anything new, but it's been played. I love the new direction Ferrari is taking. I wish Lambo and Porsche would step up and try something new. They rely on the same old thing design after design.......thats boring to me.

PS, I think the back of the new Ferrari looks great, mean, tuff, aggressive and different. I aplaud Ferrari for a new look with a few new and classic cues from the 156, 330 TRI and Enzo.

10. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    This gives me an idea that might make a few bucks. Rent cars, any cars.... Ferraris, Fords, MerceDES... whatever car that has been around for a few years and is due for a design freshening. Then buy the cheapest crappiest "aero" body kit on the market and tape it on being extra carefull to do a crappy job. Then "disguise" it by wrapping the thing with a bunch more colored duct tape. Drive out to some remote location and take a few blurry pictures and sell them to magazines. Whaddaya think?

11. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I know similar things have been said before, but it looks like the Enzo rear ended a 360 and they molded together.

12. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003

Mmmm... very good idea. Does anybody know how much you can get paid for these spy shots?

13. angshuman

angshuman Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    NaN
    LMAO!! Even more interesting would be to observe the ensuing Ferrari/Lambo flame wars in forums :D

14. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Brian, as the keeper of the new 360 thread, I have a question for you. I'd like to start a poll about guessing the sticker price of the new car. Can I do this inside this thread, or do I have to start a new one?

Thx, Dale

15. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I think the sticker will cost less than $10 per car since they get reused each time a car is sold don't they?

16. angshuman

angshuman Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    NaN
    Haw! Haw! Brilliant! :D :D

17. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Anybody seen any yet?

Did anyone actually go to the new showing in Italy?

Ferrari thinking minds need to know!

18. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Ah, thanks, I thought you'd lost it there, Pete! I agree with the comments on the photoshopped 360.

Gary

19. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I was there. Seen it. Been sitting in it. Been kicking the tires and fondling the engine... Getting one in November!

20. angshuman

angshuman Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    NaN
    So... is it true? The teardrop front intakes <shudder>? 490bhp? 1450kg? 0-60 4.0s?

21. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The enzo-like rear - as in the drawings shown in this forum. Front basically an enhanced 360 - Hybrid between the 360 and 360GT with an enzo-ish airtunnel in the middle lower bumper. Gallardo-like headlights - position light is LED based (very neat). Inside completely redone - now suspension adjustment is on the steering wheel just as the engine on/off. The details are a LOT better than the 360 - the rear is something to be admired I think. The details are fantastic - even the exhausts are good looking. 490bhp - 0-62 in 4s flat. Don't know the weight, but I would suspect around the current 360. Engine is a 4,3l with 25% more torque than the 360 - Carbon/Ceramic brakes is now an option (which is coincidentally also is on the 575 now).

What else... hmmm... 19" wheels standard (nothing smaller will fit the the carbon/ceramic brakes). In my opinion it's just a more "complete" car than the 360. I did not meet anybody who did not like it. Carbon interior is also a good looking option.

The dealers are meeting with Ferrari today (7/21) to be informed about details. I'll speak to mine in a couple of days to hear more.

22. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I forgot. The official name is: Ferrari F430

23. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    which one of the spy shots would you say are closest or the same as the real F430?

24. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    This picture is actually about right. The front is spot-on. You can't see it here, but the drivers side mirror has a "F430" embossed in it. The front is a tribute to the "sharknose" which they also had at the presentation. In my opinion it looks very good in the real world.

What's not obvious in this picture is the details, such as the fins in the air-tunnel beneath the car and the exhaust detailing. There's a sort of a built-in spoiler in the rear, where the rear lifts about (I would guess) 5cm (2") at the end in a curve. It looks good.

25. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You Brits... Any place that eats blood pudding...