Funny Things You Did As A Kid | FerrariChat

Funny Things You Did As A Kid

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Jerrari, Jul 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I mean things that for the most part did not hurt anyone.
    Me:
    1) Throwing a purse into a intersection at night with a bunch of lip stick containers, pill bottles, make-up, etc, that women would have in their purses and mix in dog crap so they rummage through the purse before realizing the crap was there. We would always get the purse back a block or 2 down the raod.
    2) Raiding the neighbor's gardens for fresh fruits and vegetables (watermelon, apples, cucumbers, plums....yummy)
    3) Tying a fish line to an egg (painted black) and then tying a stick to the other end, throwing it over a telephone line in the middle of a traffic lane and letting the egg hang at about a 30" height and then sit back and watch the splatter on the unsuspecting motorist (while eating our stolen fruits and vegetables). Only did this once...too much work!!
    4) Going into a house that was under construction and finding a glue gun then gluing the worker's hammers and cooler to the sub-floor (only did this once as well....felt bad the next day).
    5) Putting a note on my mean neighbor's garbage cans that read, "please take these, we are getting new ones". They were gone the next day.
    6) Seeing a kajillion toads in the road after a rain storm, then getting an idea to put tham in a bag (50 or so) and dumping them into a lady's car at night.
    7) Putting a scare crow in the middle of the road. This was hilarious.
    8) Stole a pumpkin from a dude down the street at Halloween, carved it out then returned it. Did this to him 3 years in a row.
    9) Took a kid's bike apart when he wasn't looking and then charged him $1.00 to put it back together. I was a young entrepreneur/bastard. This kid was my summertime friend (he had a pool).

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Dude, where did you live growing up?

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    1) Age 8: My dad told me to go lay an egg. I sat on the barstool in the kitchen and dropped an egg on the tiled floor. Mom beat me into the seventies! (I am now 45)

2) Age 11: Put marbles in my dads hubcaps. Mom beat me into the eighties.

3) Age 12: Placed a half-pound of Lindberger cheese on a teachers radiator in May. Yup, he had to sell the car is smelled so bad! Never got caught.

4) Age 15: Started surfing. Applied a thin coat of olive oil to my brother-in-laws board. He paddled out and could not stand up!

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Priceless!

DL

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Maybe not as a kid, but:

1) Exchanged the "M" and "N" keys on the keyboard of a hunt-and-peck typist coworker, that happened to be a useless, mean, and spiteful SOB. Reading his enails over the mext few days was a riot.

2)Another coworker at the same company, on the last day of his employment, put a raw shrimp in the 'tube' that connected the base of his bosses chair to the actual chair. He lifted the chair off the base, put the shrimp inside, then replaced the chair. Within a few days, the smell was horrific. I'm glad I was on another floor.

3)Years ago I worked retail in a large mall. In the summer when business was slow and we were bored, we'd superglue a quarter to the mall floor outside the store. It was great watching the lengths some people would go to to pry it up.

6. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Set a rather large building on fire,no not recently I was 10.

7. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    My friends and I made a whole video of doing stupid things like this (yes we were that bored).

top 4 craziest things.

4. Threw an Egg up about 5 stories and hit a painter. Hilarity ensued.

3. Stole a mail cart and went down the biggest hill we could find. We only made it down halfway before it fell over. I still have the scars, but it was worth it.

2. Purchased a glue in the hardware store, then added rubbing alcohol to it which made it super adheasive and almost impossible to break off. then went into a construction site and put the glue all over the door locks of the little trailers. There was a police investigation into this, so we didnt go back for a while.

and Number 1 is

On Halloween one night my friend ran up to a cop car and lit a bottle rocket inside, the cop got out and started chasing him. While chasing him my other friend jumped into the car and started driving it. We saw the cop come out of the woods and we proceded to run, the kid in the car jumped out, rolled, got up and sprinted with us. The car hit a tree and was damaged. We all got away :D. It was one of the craziest nights ever.

8. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    When I was about 6 I thought I was being helpful when I saw what I thought was smoke coming out of the side of the house so I took the garden hose and shoved it into the dryer vent, opps, time for a new dryer

9. GTO84

GTO84 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    At age 12 I found a 4 foot taxidermied alligator in a garbage pile. I tied it to a fishing line and put it out in the middle of my street. People would stop and roll their windows up and turn around as as fast as possible. My parents thought it was funny too.
    At age 14 a friend found 200 ketchup packets in his aunt's fridge. We went out front and hid in some junipers and threw them at cars. I hit this guy in a van with his window down in the chest and then I ducked down. He screeched to a stop and after about 10 seconds reversed to the house and got out. We ran into the back yard and hid. He rang the doorbell and left his number, and took my skateboard. We later met at the sherrif's station and I got my board back. It turned out he was a viet nam vet, and he thought he had been shot! He had these crazy scars from an ak-47 that hit him 11 times. Made me respect vets. It was still funny, but stupid. Hey we've all got to learn alesson somehow, right?

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    My brother was throwing snow balls at cars one winter when we were kids; one car passed by and he threw the snow ball at a car whose windows were open... The snow ball whizzed right through one window, passed the driver's face and out the other window... He couldn't have done it again if he tried... That dude was PISSED...

i used to set up booby traps throughout the house for my brother to fall victim to... Buckets of water balanced on top of door sills, waiting to fall when the doors were opened... He ALWAYS fell for it...

One booby trap i set was NOT supposed to be funny... i set it for my step mother and it was set up for me to KNOW something, not to trap anyone else or have water fall on anyone's head or anything like that... My step mother had a prying problem and whenever i was out of the house, she liked to go through all the things in my room; i guess she was looking for drugs or something, i'm not sure; she hated me and always ensured a way to find something that would keep me grounded... Anyway, i was really sick and tired of her going into my room then denying it whenever i said something to my father...
    So one day when i knew i needed to go to the store, i took 6 marbles that i had laying around in my room... i took one plastic container i had laying around (the kind you get a half pound of potato salad in, from the deli) and i poked a hole in the container... i threaded the hole with a light red sewing thread to come as close to matching my pink (yes, pink) bedroom carpet... i put 5 marbles in the container, near the wall, behind my bedroom door (which would be closed when i left)... a few feet across the room (directly intersecting a few feet into the entrance of the room), i drew the string tautly, taping it to the wall, only about half a foot from the floor...

i then tested out my booby trap, leaving my room and walking back in to trip the wire... It worked exactly as planned and the container tipped over, dispursing the marbles about the floor... i took the sixth marble, placed it in the same vicinity where the other marbles rolled and put the other 5 marbles in the container, resetting the booby trap...

i went to the store and when i came back - you guessed it - all 6 marbles were in the container, with the booby trap reset as close to how i had it as possible... i was so much smarter at 15 than i am now... i thought it was supposed to be the other way around... :)

11. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Genius Carbon, Genius. What happened to your step mom.

12. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Just a few months later, i was at my wit's end with her... i couldn't stand her anymore and, instead of murdering her and my father, i decided to leave; i haven't been back since... Life is good... :)

13. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Whatever floats your boat. You seem to be doing just fine w/o them. Go Carbon

14. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    In all seriousness Carbon, that had to be quite painful for you.

15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    We used to lunch M-80's in to piles of leaves in the fall while the people were raking them. Got pretty good with a sling shot. It would never fail to scare the crap out them..and with out fail they would investigate the strange explosion in the leaf pile witht the rake. And of course at that point we had to send another one in.

There were others from tuning of the pumps to swimming pools, to installing a dead fish or rotten eggs in dryer vents or window wells. We once nailed a teachers text book to his desk(oooo was that funny!!) and we taped playboy pictures to the pull down projector screens in the classes were we had tons of overheads to copy(funny...even the teacher laughed and said it was a good one)

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    What, the booby trap...? Nah, it was simple; only took a few minutes to set up... :D

There's a reason for everything; there's a balance to everything... If i hadn't left, i might not be where i am now... i wouldn't have left if.........

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I'm glad you took a peaceful route. I would just hate to read one day that you drugged, killed and ate your neighbor.

DL

18. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    What's a hungry guy to do late at night and not a White Castle in sight!

19. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Go to Wendy's. Most pickup windows are open till midnight or later.

20. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Senior year of high school my friend and I 'kidnapped' baby Jesus from outside some random house that had a nice scene arranged on the front lawn. We blindfolded all the wisemen, hog-tied the animals, and left a randsom note asking for 12 Christmas cookies. The night of the delivery we found 12 pretend cookies in the mailbox waiting for us. Baby Jesus was returned unharmed, something we planned on doing regardless of whether or not they left a randsome. The sight of the blindfolded wisemen and hog-tied animals the next morning was funnier than I can properly describe with words. I hid the little guy in the trunk of my Fiat Spyder during his week of captivity.

The next year while off in college I saw a news report describing an identical 'crime'. The report was from my home town and it was airing on the local station where I was now in school - about 320 miles away. Apparently some old friends had heard about what we did the year before and tried to replicate the scene. This time the homeowners called the police and it hit the news state-wide. In typical journalistic fashion, the stories were all about 'Who would do such a horrible thing and ruin the spirit of Christmas." Sad thing is, because of the publicity my friends were not able to return him and had to 'dump the body'.

21. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Back in my spirited youth,

Threw snow/balls at the UPS truck, when I got caught, just say I was someone else & give out false info. Worked every time.

My mother had some crazy artist friend that took me & a buddy of mine out to dinner one night, being the little smart ass that I was a learned out of the window & yelled "HELP!!!, I'M BEING KIDKNAPPED!!!!" to some people standing out side of a gas station. The next thing I knew is a police car coming up fast behind us. Keep in mind I was traveling in a beat up old station wagon with covered in anti-everything bumpers stickers. West Texas cops back then didn't like artist types anyway. Got pulled over & checked everything out to make sure we were OK. I thought it was still funny because the cop gave him tickets for expired plates & no insurance.

I gave out at Halloween chocolate Exlax to some of the kids I didn't like in my neighborhood. Got caught a week later & grounded.

Tossed a ball of Silly putty off the balcony of a Hotel down to the San Antonio riverwalk, I happen to hit a passing river boat. Let's just say I ran like Hell..

22. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

I used to work as retail security and we would do the same thing and watch people in the cameras trying to pick up the quarter. I only was witness to 1 person getting the quarter up. An older gentleman took his pocket knife out and worked on it for about 10 minutes but he got it up (the quarter you sickos). Best part about it is I made a copy of the tape and still have it.

23. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Rob, That is frickin awesome man, what an imagination. Jerrari has to take a bow to you!

24. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    we also used to get all the old x-mas trees that people throw out after they are done with them and stick them in 1 persons yard every year. In Minnesota it is easy to just stick one in the snow. They stand right up like it is meant to be there. 1 year we stuck 29 trees in this one kids yard that we went to school with. Man was his dad pissed off. We never said a word but every year he would mention that he was keeping an eye for the little tree bastards. Finally after 15 years we let him know that it was us. We had to buy him a couple of drinks to make up for it though. Small price to pay for all that amusment.

25. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I painted my mothers station wagon.