Anyone near Orland Park to view a car for me????? | FerrariChat

Anyone near Orland Park to view a car for me?????

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by ILuv4Res, Jul 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Hello,

Anyone near Orland Park to view a car for me? I would like to have someone look at it before I fly up there. If so, please e-mail me at "[email protected]".

Thanks!!!

Fred

2. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Fred, you've got mail

3. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    I live in Homer Glen, which is the next town over from Orland Park, about 5 minutes down 159th. You can contact me from my profile. Or call my office at 847-534-9000.

4. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    By any chance, is it a Red/Tan 348 Spider, and belong to Joe? If that is the car, it is a very solid car.

5. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Yes, that's the car. What do you know about it? Please PM me and/or shoot me your phone #. Thanks!!

:)

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred

Hi Sean,

I sent you a PM. I will call you on Monday morning. Thanks a lot!!

7. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Fred, I am very familiar with the car. I can be reached at 630.231.3400, or e-mailed at [email protected]

8. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Hi Michael,

It was great speaking with you. I really appreciate you taking the time. I also appreciate you alerting me that the interior carpet is red. For some reason, sellers forget to tell buyers pertinent information over the phone. As in this case, a phone call has definitely saved me the agony of traveling there. After speaking with you, I confirmed with Joe that the interior carpet is, in fact, red (eeewwwww). I will do some checking to determine the cost of changing the carpet, but I don't think it will be cost effective and could be a dealbreaker.

Sean - thanks for offering to look. I don't want a car with red carpet, so unless I get that sorted out, it's not necessary for you to go.

Thanks again guys, your help has definitely been appreciated!!!

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

It might be "Icky". But,Red Carpet in a Ferrari is Rare.....Something to consider....

I had a 1991 Corvette that was Red with Red Leather,Door Panels,Carpet,everything. It took a little getting used to,but,after awhile,looked O.K. (Had it for about 4 years,but recently Sold it.)

10. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred

I sort of look at 'different' cars like this: When they are brand new or within a year or so old with a new body style they look cool, but once they begin to age, they start looking silly. It isn't until they are considered a classic collectable that they begin to look cool again.

11. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Carpet is about $600-$900, and if your up to it, you could do it yourself.

I have done several sets (for myself -and or- some pals), and the results are fabulous.

Dont pass on any car because of some little thing like carpet color.

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    There are a couple places listed in Hemmings Motor news that I have received catalogs from. (After the "Ferrari's For Sale" section. And in "Ferrari Parts" section.)

"Re-Originals" which is in Texas sells all sorts of Aftermarket,and NOS Ferrari stuff. Mostly interior items,such as: Carpets. Headliners.Etc...Check it out: www.reoriginals.com.

Or,"World Upholstery" in California. I believe that thier site is: www.worlduph.com

You can get catalogs from them. Check out thier sites. A definite "Must" for any Ferrari Owner...:)