Multiple Car Insurance | FerrariChat

Multiple Car Insurance

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ceeagr, Jul 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ceeagr

ceeagr Karting

Jul 7, 2004
    Docklands London
    Full Name:
    Ali
    Any ideas how i do this. Myself and Girlfriend will now have four cars:-

Audi A3 Quattro
    Ferrari 575M
    Lexus RX300
    Porsche 996

I've got a reasonable quote for the 575 but will need to take my no claims bonus from the Porsche. Idea was to put the Porsche in GF's name but then whats the cheapest way to insure the RX300 and A3.......all these footballers must do it somehow.

Any help welcomed

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hello and welcome. Pls fill in your profile and i'm sure you'll get plenty of help.

3. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Try Chubb - they will also include your house if you want.

No connection but Emma Mitchell at Scrutton Bland 01206 572547 should be able to help

4. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    With four cars can't you aim for a 'mini-fleet' policy?

5. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Give Aon a try, They insure my Boxer, 328 and VW ****-rag on one policy, Can't for the life of me remember who the actual policy is with ???
    My memory is crap.....Where am I ?

Seb (I think) ?

6. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Seb - it's not that hard, just look at the top right of the last post you made, it says Seb King. Only problem now is to remember the last post (and I don't mean that army tune played at funerals)

7. paul360m

paul360m Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Nr Heathrow
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Its a good question - i kinda feel that i hand over half my salary towards car insurance each month!

I have my 360CS on a limited mileage policy with AOn - NCB not required.

I have my elise & 340R on a joint limited mileage with AOn as well - although that will change soon as i am having a honda transplant in my 340R & AON will not cover it under a Lotus policy.

My everyday Bm & my wifes TT are also with AON - NCB applied to these policies - think they are known as 'everyday policies' too.

Quite frankly a bit of a nightmare BUT nobody wanted to or could give me a policy BELOW the total price of the above, with any sort of track cover, so the individual way forward has been the best for me albeit with one broker.

Good luck!

Cheers

paul

8. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    The Marsh people who run the official ferrari scheme are quite good but if you need help send me all the info in a private message and i will investigate but i am away from tomorrow until 01/08.

9. Aber

Aber Rookie

Jul 18, 2004
    Hull
    Full Name:
    Jaime Kedgley
    I had the same problem (well not quite, I only have the two and not quite in the same league as yours, in fact I wish I did have your problem but anyway..) when I first bought my 348, it seems very few companies do dual car policies (or at least that's what they all told me). Liverpool Victoria will certainly do two cars on one policy (don't know if they would do four, but worth a call. I took all my NC and put it on the 348 and left my day to day GTi without any NC but policy worked out quite good (well seemed to be!) plus no limited milage!

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    are you coming on the northwest ride to oulton on wednesday

11. Aber

Aber Rookie

Jul 18, 2004
    Hull
    Full Name:
    Jaime Kedgley
    Hi Steve,
    No would love to, but I have a busy week this week I'm afraid and just can't do Wednesday (or any other day this week :-( ) but I'm going to take a trip to Brigg on the 8th Aug and hopefully meet up with Kenyon and Al, if they don't end up treking down south. I love your 512 by the way, very cool! I've just replied to your other post about the S350, how did you know??

12. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    In my experience Chubb offer the best terms for multiple cars. No NCB required, hardly any paperwork and they put all cars on the same policy. The other good thing is that all cars are covered on an agreed value so if the worst hapens you know exactly what you will get, no market value haggling.

I have a 355, 308 and Elise 111s insured with them.

Give Barry Reeve a call at First Point (01604 499 799).

Good Luck

Philip

13. Father Davey S1

Apr 21, 2004
    Cardiff
    Full Name:
    Paul Marshall
    Try Footman James

They cover
    97 456GTA
    82 400I
    64 Gordon Keeble
    91 BMW 735
    91 Mecedes A class

All fully comp £150 excess self wife and 2 kids(both over 30)to drive unlimited mileage andf free Europe wide recovery to home. Premium £1890

Paul