Even the opposition has given up ... | FerrariChat

Even the opposition has given up ...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PSk, Jul 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Concrats Ferrari ... but one of the few drivers to give it a go as finally given up. Now maybe Todt will let RB play evenly ;) ...

Atleast I might get more sleep this year, but will probably be recording the next race so I can watch it with Dad :) (he will be visiting).

Pete

2. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    And Montoya is who again? Since when is Montoya Ferrari's main rival.
    Our main rivals this year are Renault and BAR. Jenson Button for the driver championship. Montoya quitting so far ahead of the end just shows how worthless of a driver he is. He has only one ability, ways in which to find excuses to tell why he cannot win, why the car is not performing and complain.

On to Hockenheim and more Ferrari victories!

3. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Our?

Since when have you had anything to do with the Ferrari F1 racing team?

4. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Since I was born and till I die!

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Montoya is actually right about the masking of the dominance by the safety car. The race looked good and the end result pretends to be dramatic, but in reality it was yet another walk over.

But fear not: Bernie has already the next nut lined up who will run onto the Hockenheim track so they can deploy the SC to keep it interesting...
    :)

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    And Ferrari have given up on this years car too:

Thus on with next years car ... the rest of the grid should do the same, this year is basically gone (well almost).

Pete

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not quite: True Ferrari has won it practically. But many teams in the midfield don't fight for the WC but for positions in the points. For Sauber it is far from over.

8. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I don't think Mclaren, who are desperate to win atleast one race this year are willing to let up either. BAR and Renault that are battling for second position won't be too quick to give up either.

Ferrari should not become too relaxed. Both championships have a slim but possible chance of being lost. Just look at last year what happenned when the team relaxed around mid season.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Montoya's comments don't speak well for Barichello's talents. If the car is so much better, where is Rubens?

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm quite certain that the Ferrari in the hands of a Kimi or even a JPM (after he had NO coffee) would do better than what Rubens achieves with it. But that's not what Ferrari wants or needs. They need a quiet guy who can keep Michael's back free without stirring the pot too much and collect points in the process. Your typical #2 driver. Talented, but limited.

11. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    I dont think you have to worry about Ferrari "relaxing". The word is not in their vocabulary. I think that is why Ferrari has been so dominant. I just finished reading "Formula Ferrari" (pick it up if you have not already) and it goes on to explain the work ethic and focus of the entire team. When Schumacher won the championship in 2002, he was back on the track testing the very next day. 2003 may have been a close year with competition, but, I think it was more of a period of transition, rather than Ferrari relaxing.

12. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    For sure, Scuderia Ferrari have the best work ethic and determination when compared to other F1 teams. You can clearly see it at and Grand Prix. On thursday and firday evenings when the other teams have their garages shut one can see Ferrari mechanics, management and both the drivers in there analysing data, making changes to the car and getting thigs organized. While other teams have their members at parties and enjoying the night life at Monaco, Scuderia ferrari members are hard at work. Maybe not all of them, but most of them are in the garages working till late evening. No one can question their work ethic and focus.

The question however, is whether car development for the F2004 should be halted and whether Ferrari should move all focus to the 2005 car. Does the current points system allow such change in focus? I trust Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and the other decision makers. The current Scuderia Ferrari team is the best ever in the history of F1, they know what they are doing and starting the developent of the next car so early on is a very smart idea.