355 buyer's guide | FerrariChat

355 buyer's guide

Discussion in '348/355' started by Zanzibar, Jul 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zanzibar

Zanzibar Karting

Jul 17, 2004
    Hi everybody,

Is there something like an online 355 buyer's guide? Before shelling out my hard earned cash, I would like to get as much information as possible. The information on FerrariChat.com is of great value to me, but obviously it is fragmented throughout the thousands of message threads.

Thanks in advance,
    Rik Gruwez
    Brugge, Belgium

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    There are a few recommended readings - I would try QV100.com if you haven't already to get the scoop on the years, models, special editions (AKA Challenge, etc.).

The other is the Ferrari Buyers Guide - by Dean Batchelor - I think you would want to get the 5th addition - the forth - just starts coverage on the 355...

The other is Standard Catalog of Ferrari 1947 - 2003 - by Mike Covello which is a good read as well.

I also over the years with my 355 - have all the original press, owners manuals (of course), tech guides, R&T/C&D and other articles...

You might do a search on the site - there have been a lot of discussion on what to look for - if that doesn't work - give me a PM or e-mail (or call) - and I can give you what I would look for... My 355 is in my profile if you want to take a look :)

Hope that helps,
    Rich

3. pflowers

pflowers Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Dothan, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Paul Flowers
    There is a 355 buyers guide posted on another Ferrari chat site. I have tried to post that link but this site must not want anyone to know about it since they x out the link. If you email me I will give you the link.

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    just type the link in with spaces so it isn't an actual link

5. 99F355

99F355 Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    LONDON, UK
    Full Name:
    Chip
    Rik,

I just bought a 355, and found FChatters to be very helpful. One of them sent me a PDF document which I can send you.

PM me your e-mail address.

Cheers,
    Roger.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    What pdf? I might be interested in that also.

8. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert