Is a flambe a good idea | FerrariChat

Is a flambe a good idea

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by robinh, Jul 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do do

1. Take the money and walk away

2. Get some other non 8 cylinder Coupe

3. Take back my CS and wait for a new car

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I've been quite about my Stradale to date - you may kow it had a bit a problem with a cat while I was in France.

While the car was fully repaired, and a great job it was too, the problems didn't go away. Initially I was told that the cause was an intake air flow sensor failure on the left inlet manifold.

After some further difficulties I returned the car and have rejected it. More work has since told me that the fault was firtly down to a throttle actuator/sensor on the left side of the engine and most recently an intermittent failure of the crankshaft positioning sensor. This part is being replaced and the original has been sent for X-ay to prove that this part has a fault.

Anyway, with great sorry and upset, I have, as I said, rejected that car and asked for a replacement.

Here's my problem and your thoughts would be interesting to receive.

1) I can have my money back and walk away. This is thedefault legal position
    2) I can replace my CS with something else. Problem is that there are now no more Coupe's to have. I can have a 360 Spider, but I'm not inclided to do that. I can have a 575 or even, as Lancaster have a multi dealer capability, something else.
    3) I can have my CS back and get a replacement F430 for it sometime in June 2005 when the first RHD cars are made.

What do you think?

2. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Robin

I suspect that given the experience you will always have a nagging doubt. Take the money and as the used one's start to appear you may be tempted to take one that hasn't "flambe'd" yet.

James

3. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Nice to know you'r consistent James. My arms ache!!!!

4. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #

Take it back on the basis that if problems persist you will demand a new car, Ferrari UK could i suspect find a cancellation.

You were i assume happy with the car before the problem, Id ask that all the ECU management system be replaced, so as no persistent niggly prob reoccur.

imo thats what id do.

5. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Take it back on the written understanding that if a single other fault occurs with the car it will go back to them without prejudice, AND that they confirm to you that you are the 1st of their customers getting a 430 (if you like what you're seeing in the press).

The alternatives depend on what sort of car you really want. I've just seen a metallic orange Murci and that has made me seriously want one. 2nd hand ones are kicking around now and the uplift over a spec'd CS isn't huge as I understand it. Running costs may be more, but it'd be an option I'd seriously consider (note that I also own a Caterham 7, so focussed track cars are covered in the stable!).

You will have doubts about the car, but over time they start to settle in the back of your mind...

6. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Robin,

taking your money back will give you the be greatest flexibility and a chance to take your time in your decision. You could probably put a deposit on the 430 and get your name up the list based on your inconveneince. If you like it you can take it and if you don't you can sell your place on. Also, you will have all the cash in the bank so if a stradale that takes your fancy comes up for sale you can get it, and probaly have some change left over.

The only bummer is not having the car over summer and hopefully you have not got too emotionally attached to her yet :)

Philip

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Keep the CS till Ferrari provide you with the FIRST 430 in UK.But make sure you get a decent price for the CS at changeover time.

8. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Robin,

I would in your position, take the money back, and providing I could not get a hold of another new CS to my liking,make them put me on a priority list for the new 430 when it arrives, and buy a Gallardo for the meantime. That's what I would do.
    Alex

9. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    If you bought a CS in the first place, then its clearly your car of choice, so I don't reckon you should walk away from CS entirely.

Get them to provide you with a complete replacement CS
    (of same spec). If they can't, try to get a partial refund, perhaps?

10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Robin,

Sorry to hear about your problem. I suggest you get out from "under" this car if you feel it still has problems. I, personally, would always be worried about it failing again and you shouldn't have to deal with it. The thought of getting another one or a F430 is something you should do after you get your money back. I would be concerned how they would treat you if they still had your money. I always find it harder to negotiate with someone if they already have the money. Also, if you do give it back, you should post the vin so someone else knows what they are getting into.

- Eric

11. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Take the money and buy an F40?

12. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    If it were me I would take the money (The car now holds bad memories for you), I would arrange to get high on the list for the F430 (Bound to be a hugely capable car), and enjoy something else like a Gallardo until then (why not try something different if you know you are going to be back in the latest F model fairly soon??).