To those of you with Super Ferraris | FerrariChat

To those of you with Super Ferraris

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 0UTXLR8, Jul 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Could you tell me a little about the experience of driving one around town. Do you all have any stories that you can share? Maybe something like a punk kid trying to get you to race, or a van full of kids staring at your car as you drive by. Pretty much anything that you can remember. I love hearing them.

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    you may want to PM armen or something...

3. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Armen used to own Newport Autosport and has an Enzo. His username is ag512bbi, if you want to PM him.

4. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Thanks you two. I pm'ed him.

5. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    i get a lot of people who want to race, but thats not my gig. Mostly i am pretty untrusting of these drivers, sine especially they are spending their time looking at me (and of course you steer where you look). If they're interested in racing they can come down to the track w/me sometime (although you do have to actually have a car that turns also).

However, I think still the best experience I have had was a pretty recent one. I make a habit to go to the grocery store and park nicely in the parking lot (i reckon some ferrari exec said this shouldnt happen once or something) -- but anyway, when I came back, there is a note in the car: "for a good time, call blahblah some number". I think I even made some post about it here since that was a new one for me. Nonetheless, that was pretty funny and the wife didnt even get too mad.

Awhile back I also did (but of course it didnt work out like i expected) an ebay auction to drive down to the local krispy kreme's and get some donuts, but of course nobody ever paid up...

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Unfortunely my Ferraris are Garage Queens. I think I ENJOY driving my G.T.O. the best! I put F40 turbos in it, and The car feels like having Rollerskates on, in an Iceskating ring. It's uncontrolable!!!! I do drive this car the most. The ENZO is amazing. It is by far the BEST car i've EVER Driven. It only has 400miles. I'm NEVER scared driving my cars. I pretty much keep them local. I don't go too far with them. I feel safe anywhere in my town. When I drive them, I drive them for my self. I don't car to "show off". But I can get crazy in them!!!

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Armen's the fastest guy to 25mph you've ever met! No one can do 25mph around the block faster! :D ;)

--Dan

8. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
  9. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Armen,

Do you keep your cars low mileage to maintain the value of them, or because you simply like to have them with low miles?

I understand the low mileage argument for the sake of value, because if you were lucky enough to be on the Enzo list and got one at MSRP, you could drive the car one a month or so for about five years, sell it, and MAKE MONEy!

Also, I bet it makes Jordan feel a lot cooler to know he drove your Enzo when you have put only 400 miles on it.

10. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    I posted this once before but it still makes me laugh...

I was in traffic but road testing an F40 after a service and some kid shouts out in front of all his mates "Oi, I said wash my car, not fricking drive it around...!"

I drew some lines on the ground for him as a prize. They went nuts.

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    That's hysterical! :D

--Dan

12. 0UTXLR8

0UTXLR8 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Priceless moment. Got any more?

13. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    ok...back in '92 it was I think, we took a convoy of 6 308's to the factory for a tour. At the last minute before departure, we swapped one for another out the showroom, but forgot to swap the papers for it.

When we got to the italian customs they thought we might be smuggling cars into the country (like you do) and were suspicious of us.

After much deliberation and negotiation from the director of KHPC at the time, the deal was this.....if we drove away from the checkpoint with our tyres smoking for his photo shoot, we'd be cleared ok...!!

Welcome to Italy!...where they stop traffic to allow Ferrari to pass. Forget traffic lights too...Ferrari has more priority than a lowsy red light.