Ferrari/Maserati of Central NJ | FerrariChat

Ferrari/Maserati of Central NJ

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Ferrari0324, Jul 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Hey everyone. Just read in the Home News an article on the dealership being built. It's short so I'll just type it up.

"The township and United Auto Group will break ground Tuesday on Ferrari Maserati of Central New Jersey. The fast-car dealership will be parked at the Old Lincoln Terminal, between Open Road BMW and East Side Avenue on Route 1 South. The dealership currently has temporary offices at 816 Route 1 N. The expensive cars are hand-assembled in Modena, Italy. A low-end Maserati costs about $91,000 for an eight-cylinder coupe. An eight-cylinder Ferrari coupe runs about 173,000. The four-seat Ferrari 612 comes out later this summer. The 12-cylinder car starts at $250,000." Jerry Barca, Home News
    Tribune.
    I've been reading other posts on them, I thought they were just about ready to open, but this article says they are just about to break ground. Also, Ferrari's factory is in Maranello, Italy not Modena, Correct? This guy has to get his facts straight before writing articles.

Just thought you guys would be interested in the article.

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Sounds good! I'm waiting with excitement for the grand opening, but haven't received my invitation yet. Anyone know when we can expect this?

3. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    You are correct. Enzo actually had his offices in Modena, but the factory is located about 25 minutes away in the suburb of Maranello.

4. udalmia

udalmia Guest

boning up on your ferrari history in preparation huh eric? ;)

Do stop by some time!

5. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Absolutely! Gotta know your Ferrari history before being an owner...lends credibility. ;-) I was also there a couple of years ago, so it's very fresh in my mind.

I'll definitely come by soon. Gotta get my Joey fix and catch up with you on the upcoming Murci acquisition. As for my purchase, I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to pop up...it may not be until the fall, but I'm patient. I've got the 993 to keep me happy for now. Are you coming out next Sat?

6. udalmia

udalmia Guest

I assume you mean sagponasack.. I dont know I really dont wanna ride shotgun while at the same time i wanna catch up with everyone, so dunno

gimme a call whenever you are in the area, we'll catch up! My no. is 812-320-4676

7. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Sounds good. As for riding shotgun, I hear ya but then again it'll be a great day and one that you won't want to miss! I'll give you a ring next time I'm in Fort Lee...it'll be sooner than later. ;-)

8. Rick328GTS

Rick328GTS Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Managed to meet Chris who is the manager of the Ferrari side at FoCJ.
    He updated me on the following:

The shop at 816 Rt 1 north is scheduled to open on 8/15/2004. This location is actually temporary until the large facility on RT 1 south opens in the future. Then this will remain as a service center.

He appreciates all the interest from all the local Ferrari owners and Fchat members.

He asked me to pass along to all on Fchat that they are in the final phases for the opening and it has been hard to resond to those who may have tried to reach him at the dealership. Once the shop is open, Chris hopes to see all those who can stop in for a visit.

Rick

9. ChuckStyl5

ChuckStyl5 Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    The Armpit
    yeah hopefully it will be open by the 15th of august I was down there on thursday the 22nd and they had 5 ferrari's one was definitely a challenge being prepped for delivery and there was also 2 maserati's as well

The Manger is Tom Heffernen, the Sales Manager is Chris Miele and the Service and Parts manager is Ralph Bencivenga.

10. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I can't wait to stop by for a look.

11. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Wow. Glad to see that they know what they are talking about. Damn they did pretty bad.

12. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Jersey crew is lucky to have chris on board. classy guy. how about a get together on a weekend at the dealership?

13. udalmia

udalmia Guest

I'm up for that! Whats been up with you Eli?

14. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Utkarsh:

are you coming up to the Hamptons event this saturday?

15. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    You better! :)

16. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Eli:

No car ! not too keen on spending $150 riding shotgun honestly! I MISS MY CAR

17. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Utkarsh , i sold my spider as well and i am without a car also. maybe will go up together. did you get the merci yet?

18. udalmia

udalmia Guest

no I had last minute problems and i could not get the black

waiting for a yellow or an orange taking whichever comes first

19. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    good choices! My order of favorite murci colors:

1. pearl yellow - get the pearl, it's worth it
    2. orange
    3. lime green

20. udalmia

udalmia Guest

both yellow and orange pearl i didnt care much for the flat color of either

21. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    agreed! And maybe black interior with piping / stitching in exterior color?