Is F1 on any other channel than Speed in the US? | FerrariChat

Is F1 on any other channel than Speed in the US?

Discussion in 'F1' started by coolestkidever, Jul 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I cant stand watching the NASCAR channel, qualifying doesnt even come on till 1 in the morning here. I think F1 needs to find a new channel here in the states.

2. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Don't party so much at night! Qualifying starts at 8 AM :)

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Hey Ricky

dont forget the West Coast has to get up at 5 in the morning to watch the races.

Beast

4. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Get up at 5 inthe morning or stay up till 5 in the morning? :D

5. zff

zff Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You guys have it easy. Try being an F1 fanatic in Hawaii. European pre-race shows start at 1:30am. American races are on at something like 5:30am. The only break we get are the Saturday night Asian ones.

6. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    In Canada we get the ITV feed from UK (on TSN) and SpeedChannel. I thankfully don't have to watch F1 on Speed ever.

If you do a Google search for Canadian satellite or Expressvu US or soemthing like that, you will find a site in western Canada where you can order ExpressVu for use in the US.

7. WPGManitoba

WPGManitoba Rookie

Jun 11, 2004
    The TSN coverage here in Canada is definetely better than what you get on Speed (Mainly cause its the ITV feed). If you watch every race its probably worth trying to get hooked up with the Canadian coverage if you live in the states.

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    In my old and decrepit state it is wake up at 5AM unless she is young, cute and wont stop ;)

9. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    You are a funny guy. :D

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Stay up 'til past 5, baby.

11. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Sunday, July 25, 2004
    4:30am FORMULA ONE German Grand Prix (LIVE)

decisions decisions

12. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    well lets see my girlfriend has to work tonight so i guess than means bed time for Beast. :(

13. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    i used to get up saturday at 4 for qualifying and sunday at 5 for the race. it's no longer that compelling... so i just watch the replay at 6 pm sunday and skip qualifying. if they go back to old style qualifying, i'll drag myself out of bed again

14. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Since TIVO I just watch the race when its convenient for me, which is usually Sunday afternoon after church.

15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I have no real complaints about Speed's coverage, except that it's usually unavailable when I'm on the road, since so few hotels have Speed on their cable systems.

Everyone who is complaining about Speed's coverage is probably younger than 30 or so. Those of us who've been around a while longer still can't forget those many, many years when there was NO F1 coverage (except ABC's delayed, over-edited coverage of Monaco once a year) on U.S. television. (There were times I didn't know who won a G.P. until I got the issue of "Road & Track" covering the race about 3 months later!)

So to me anyone complaining about the state of live G.P. coverage today is at least a bit spoiled. But if you're not old enough to know what came (or rather didn't come) before, I don't blame you one bit.

16. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    I agree 100%. But a lot has changed since then. Customers are demanding more for the service they are paying for. In this age of information technology and internet it is hard to imagine that someone will not know the result of a GP for 3 months. Times have changed and don't you think it is a fair expectation to ask for better coverage of F1 GPs from the media? But I do understand your point completely that things have gotten much better. Its only fair to ask for more improvement.

17. poe kaz

poe kaz Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Brady
    4 me pre-race is at 7:30 in the mornin

18. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    You guys know the races are rebroadcast at 9PM Eastern time in there entirety, right?

19. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    EXACTLY!! Remember the days of ESPN2 tape delays? 1 hour coverage that was often pre-empted by the Nation Chearleading Competition. SPEED is excellent by comparison, every session live, really good commentators. I have never had the pleasure of seeing the British coverage, but there is nothing to complain about. coolestkidever, VCR?