Your Best Workout Routine! | FerrariChat

Your Best Workout Routine!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JSinNOLA, Jul 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Looking at the best supplement to lose weight thread got me thinking. What have you found to be the most effective workout routine. Since there are several that have various goal, feel free to post whatever you like. Anything from cross-training, boxing, weight loss, muscle gain, etc...

Also, feel free to talk supplements as well. Be sure to include the amount of time needed for dedication on a daily or weekly basis. Should be interesting!

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Simple... 5 mile hike, 6 days a week.

DL

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Sleep with a bunch of married women. You will be running a lot!

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    For muscle Ive always believed less is more as long as you have the right intensity.

3 short workouts a week with high intensity, short rest times, and a quick pace should work well. An example would be:
    Day 1 - Chest/Back
    Day 2 - Legs/Abs
    Day 3 - Arms/Shoulders

Obviously you could rotate the days and bodyparts as you please. Just be sure to get enough rest time to body parts that may be works secondarily in another day. For example if you work your triceps, consider when you will work your chest since many chest exercises (pressing motions) will use your triceps as well. Same goes for biceps and back exercises. Once a week per body part should be plenty for most people, although everyone's body is different. Just make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to grow, eat, and sleep.

Like I said though, its all about intensity, not volume, how much weight you can lift or how often/how long you work out.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Low intensity, low volume - use body weight, not artificial weight.

Want bigger/stronger legs?

Horse stance.

Back straight, toes pointed straight forward, legs out as wide as possible while maintaining stance whereby you can't be knocked over. Arms can be held straight out, or as shown in ready to rock, or dropped, so long as arms are not resting on legs - no cheating!

See if you last a minute first time. Try it, you'll like it.

6. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    I'm very heavily into fitness and have tried most credible programs until coming up with my own which is a mixture. I change my routine up as my goals change. PM me if you have any questions and want to talk specifics. Only if you're looking for pain though.

7. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I am swimming 40-50 lengths of the pool at the gym a day plus a mix of upper and lower body weight lifting exercises.

8. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    My overall goal is to have a healthylife style. I do not want to have a "body builder" muscular body. So for exercise I swim 3 to 5 times a week, burn some calories by running during the summer and do some weights twice a week. I also play some racquetball when I have the time. I avoid sodas and colas, eating fried food and snacks in between meals.

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I do a lot of racquetball now as well...Talk about great cardio :)

10. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    My best working occurs when Room Service goes on strike in Vagas and I have to go downstairs for my drinks

11. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Yes, racquetball is fantastic cardio-vascular (sp?) workout and its fun to take the anger out on the ball. :D
    But, its just a little too time consuming and when you play the same player or players over and over again you begin to know their each moveand what their style is and how to counter it. So it gets a little mundane at times and sometimes takes too much time to finish a game.

12. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I'm exactly the same way & matterhorn did put it best in that you really need to find out what works best for your lifestyle that will meet your goals at that time. No one workout will work for everybody, but there are certain basics that are universally, IMO, important. Cardio (at least 30min. 3x a week I'd say although I personally do a lot more) is really important to me as it obviously get's your heartrate up. Not to mention it makes ya feel great. Abs are underrated too I think. They're the center of your body and greatly affect your posture and support your torso. I'm pretty tall at 6'4"-ish and have found that I have far fewer back issues now that I have really strengthened my midsection. This you can do every day and don't need to really tear yourself up to get results. And for general fat burning weight training really does a lot as lean muscle mass will use stored fat as energy and again you really don't need to tear yourself up with this, but just do enough for your body type. I no longer go to a gym and just work out at home now so I'm not quite as fit as I once was, but it's far cheaper & more convenient for me now. Any exercise is better than no exercise at all. Just my 2 pesos...

13. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Run 4 miles 4-5 times a week; lift weights 2-3 times a week. Get as much sleep as possible.

14. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    If only people were as concerned with the performance of their bodys as with their cars. Both when in tune can give great satisfaction. Weight training is a must for many reasons and bicycling is superior to running with walking vastly underestimated.
    T

15. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    get yourself the best pair of running shoes....and start running.