TR Seatbelt Recall | FerrariChat

TR Seatbelt Recall

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by vincenzo, Jul 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Just received my second notice from FOA on the recall. Tried to explain to them last time that shipping the car from Alaska to Washington was cost prohibitive for the repair. Asked them to ship parts for a local retrofit or most any 'other' solution they might offer.

FOA offerred no help other than 'Authorized Dealer Service'.

Has anybody had any recall work completed outside of the 'Authorized' dealers - with help from FOA?

Thanks in Advance,
    Vince

2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Dear Ferraristi,

Sorry, this is going to be a dealer item only. Since it is a safety recall, only an authorized dealer is going to be allowed to perform it. Also don't forget, they need to point out other things that need repair... you know, while we're at it. :) This helps make up the cost for the " free " repair.

Shamile

3. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Here is what the dealer in Chicago said to me, as I lamented the transportation cost to get the work done...."shoulder belts working? then don't worry about it...the new system is another case of overengineering...we are having problems with it..."

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    There have been exceptions made in extreme circumstances. You should talk to somebody at FNA directly and if you don't get any cooperation from them call the number for the DOT or NHTSA on the recall notice.

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I, too, am struggling with this issue -- mine are working OK, and letting even an "authorized" dealer tear a good portion of the interior apart isn't my preference.

Anybody know if these NHTSA recalls have an expiration date after which the manufacturer is no longer responsible for making the fix?

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I belive the answer to that is "None"