FERRARI CARAVAN TO MONTEREY | FerrariChat

FERRARI CARAVAN TO MONTEREY

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by robertgarven, Jul 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    I am going up Thursday the 12 to Monterey, I am not going up with FCA and I am going HWY 1 all the way, do any of you want to meet up to go, last year we met up in santa brabara at La Cumbre Plaza shopping center? I would be interested in going up in a caravan of ferrari's (safety in numbers).

2. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    What time are you thinking of? I might be interested if the time works out for me.

Manny

3. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    This would be fun. But does anyone have any more info on monterey? I would just like a little more info. Thanks.

4. leftcoastblurr

BANNED

Jul 7, 2004
    Left Coast USA
    Hi , is the caravan stopping or coming thru Morro Bay? I am a wanna be Ferrai owner ( Testarossa ) and just like to see the cars whenever I get a chance. Also, it is nice to talk to a owner and get some insight to what to look for when buying. If you do come this way and have problems , contact me [email protected] - and maybe I can help you out with something.

thanx, John

5. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Robert,
    I booked the hotel your staying at(you made a recommendation a little while back). I will be there Thursday to Tuesday.
    I will be caravaning with the FCA group. They will be starting at the new Auto Gallery showroom in Agoura and will be stopping for lunch as a group.
    Steve

6. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    I don't know the details of when I am leaving Santa Barbara but I am driving up on Thursday also (hopefully mid-morning but might be afterwork). If I can work it out to leave when you are coming through town and if you don't mind driving up with a non-Ferrari I am going up with my imitation Ferrari, a FIAT Dino spider

7. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Hi Mike,

I'm in the same boat as you...not knowing what my plans will be until the last minute. But I'd love to cruise my Dino up with yours. I love the Fiat Dino Spyder. What color?

Manny

8. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    Red of course :) You can't be a imitation Ferrari unless its Red. And sometimes when I wonder how much of a imitation Ferrari my Dino really is, when I have to pay Ferrari prices for motor parts.

Seriously, currently I am on vacation starting Thursday through Tuesday for Monterey but my boss has warned me I may have to work on Thursday because of some things that are scheduled that week. I wont know until early that week if I will or not.

9. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Guys,

I am being judged at CI and I have been working very hard to get all my ducks in a row. I need to leave around 8 or 9 as I will need to wash the car and prepare it for Friday once I get to the motel so I need to get there as soon as I can. I figure 6 hour drive plus 1 hour lunch will get me there. I would go with the F-group but that would be backtracking to go to the auto gallery, I am also going up big sur as the drive is fantastic an the alternative is 105 degrees!

10. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I may be in - I'll decide next week for sure if I'm going up. Need to decide quickly, and then find a hotel (hahahaha)

11. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Hey Brian, give some thought to that Ferrarichat dinner on Friday night if you do decide to make it up there!

12. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Jordan, I see enough of you people too often, I can't be hanging with you guys up there...

just kidding...

13. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Alrighty secured a hotel room, I'm going up - but for the FChat dinner, I'm going to have to pass only because a) pends how I feel after the day and b) may have other dinner plans

14. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Will an F car be safe parking at Concorsso? at Pebble? Last year I heard the parking was pretty poor.

15. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    I most likely will be going up on Thurs. midmorn-afternoon from Ventura. I don't necessarily need to go up in a large caravan, but a few others would be nice (F-car or not). If that works for you, let me know.

Henry
    [email protected]
    (805) 813-0508

16. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Henry and guys,

I need to leave ventura at 9:00 I think Will and another friend with a 400a will be going too. I am sure there will be many cars going up the hway that day. I am still suggesting the La Cumbre Plaza parking lot it is right off the freeway and the gateway to the san marcos pass which is the shortcut.

17. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Rob,

I'll give you a call this week. Not sure if I can/want to leave so early on Thurs.

Henry

BTW, anyone have any spare spectator ticket?

18. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    All parking is on-site this year. Last year was a first at the location, and I think they know a lot better how to run things this year.

19. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    Well my Dino is reminding me that it is a FIAT and giving me some "issues", so count me out for the caravan. At this point, unless my parts get here in a big hurry it looks like I will be trailering the car up to Monterey as I dont think it would be wise to drive that far :(

20. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    My Dino is being delivered to my house as I type. There was a screw up with the insurance so I won't be able to do any shakedown runs this weekend. Wish me luck with a Dino that's been sitting for 3 years on a 6 hour drive to Monterey.

21. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    Good luck...mine sat for 14 years and I was shaking all the bugs out for the drive up. Thought I had scared all the bugs away and was looking forward to the drive up but some new ones showed up.

22. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Right now my plan is to run up 1 from roughly Morro Bay to Carmel the morning of the 12th. What time is this caravan travelling? It would be fun to catch it as you come through.

Also... how long is the drive from Morro Bay to Carmel?
    Mapquest says 2 hours 32 minutes.

23. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Only when stuck behind a Beaver motorhome!

DL

24. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Morro Bay to Carmel is about 2 hours, traffic is not heavy by LA definitions but forget about a wide open run. Guess what, someone else has heard about Big Sur.