My New Baby | FerrariChat

My New Baby

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Frari, Jul 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Well some of you will know that I owned a 1987 testarossa. I sold it last week and just by chance found a well priced 360 Modena with F1 box. It was in Melbourne which is about 1500 kl so after talking with the dealer for a while I put down a deposit and at the end of last week/ Friday flew to Melbourne and checked her out. I must say it was sensational and with 50000kl on the clock, one owner driven almost every day and it is as new. the fellow who owned it needs to be congratulated.
    I checked out its history and it has had new belts, the new cam variators or whatever they are called, new clutch, new belt tensioner new rear engine mount and its major service done so hopefully all will be well for the next 12 months. What a beautiful car. Red with charcoal interior, electric seats. just fantastic.
    Picked her up on the saturday morning and wouldn't you know it it started raining and rained for the whole 1500kl home but was fine on sunday. I didn't want to get out of the car and very nearly drove the whole way in one day. I drove to Moree on the saturday which is 1000kl and the remaining 500 on sunday. The only reason why I stopped was fear of hitting a kangaroo. As it was I only saw 3 crossing the highway and one very dazed Koala. managed about 720kl per tank af gas and sat on about 140kl per hour for the trip as the speed limit is 110 kph and if you are over 30kph over the limit and you are caught then the fine is massive. Had her up to 175kph a few times when overtaking, in the blink of an eye.
    Can anyone give me some helpfull hints on the best way to drive the F1 box eg when changing up is it best to slightly lift off the gas when you do the change, does this assist in wear. What is the most efficient way of doing things. The sales person told me to treat it as you would a manual without a clutch ie in a manual you lift off then accelerate when changing and you do the same for the f1 when you hill start you use the hand break or left foot brake. When in traffic you change back to neutral if sitting for more than about 15 seconds as you do in a manual.
    Any other hints as I would like to get the best from her. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. When I learn how to shrink my photos i will post some. regards to all Tony (FRARI)

2. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Congratulations. She sounds like a beauty.

3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Congratulations on the new car Tony!!!! :)

Will we see this next weekend at Brett's Wharf ?

I can't get my " new" car until the arm heals and lets me test drive the damn things :(

We can have some nice " drives" at sedate speeds when my poor old girl arrives :)

4. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey Tony, congrats, must have been an inspiriing drive. How do you like the F1 so far? Look forward to seeing some pics. John

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Congratulations...

...but um... how about some pictures...? :)

6. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    hi John, thanks for your reply, what are you buying and will you be at Bretts for lunch this weekend?

7. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Was coming but Leonie has got something planned for the weekend and it's her turn to decide the weekend.

I was really looking forward to seeing your car, will have to wait until after Monterey now

Must have been a great drive :)