Carfax Please!!!! Thank you in advance!! | FerrariChat

Carfax Please!!!! Thank you in advance!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ILuv4Res, Jul 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Hello,

If anyone has access to Carfax, would you please run the following VIN for me: ZFFRG43A9S0099257

Please e-mail to "[email protected]"

Thank you very, very much in advance!!!!

:)

2. barranr

barranr Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Herndon VA
    Full Name:
    Rod Barrand
    check email

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Fred -

The mileage on that 348 is VERY low. Make your purchase 100% contingent on an indpendent PPI. Low miles <> good.

-Daniel

4. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    barranr - Thanks for the carfax!!! Very much appreciated!!!

Daniel - Yes, the mileage is low. I looked at the car yesterday. For the most part it looks nice. Deal is already contingent upon PPI & clean carfax (1/2 done!)......I'm having it checked out this week. Hopefully, it will pass. I didn't understand your post......Does low miles = good, or is low miles>good or low miles<good?????

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    "<>" = "!=" = "not equal"

geez - you non-geeks......

;)

doody.

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Doody.... you should know by now that I'm a geek!!!! ;) Perhaps it's because I rode on 'a little bus' with tinted windows to school????? (Momma always said life was like a box of chocolates.........)

Anyways, so the opinion is that low miles does not equal good.................

So far, I have found that higher mileage cars typically have multiple owners and multiple stories.

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody

the counter argument is that if you know the stores, well, you know the stories and can deal and plan accordingly.

on the other hand, ultra-low-mileage cars are just liable to suck money out of your pocket in a steady streem to replace all the rubber and such bits and whatever electronics got moist/wet and so on and so forth.

be careful!

doody.

8. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

As far as I'm concerned, the only service that matters is the last 30K performed. Everything previously done becomes totally irrelevant: With the engine out, there's no excuse to miss/avoid/skimp on anything.

10 LET $SMILES = $MY4RE
    20 LET $MY4RE = $RUN4VR
    30 PRINT $DRIVEMORE
    40 GOTO 10

I'd prefer to write that in RPG/400, but I'm not sure anyone would understand.

-Daniel

9. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Ok, now I am angry. I looked at this car yesterday, negotiated back and forth and agreed on price, agreed to arrange a PPI, etc... Everything was agreed to and we shook hands. I have already spent 4 hours this morning getting everything ready (arrange PPI, Insurance, Cashier's check, Carfax, etc, etc....), and I call the guy so he can bring the car over for its inspection.....guess what, he tells me that his 'broker' got a better offer for it, so if I want it, I have to pay more. What's up???? This is total bs. :(

10. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Run, don't walk. Or, bend over and pick up the soap.

Call Martin @ Cavallino and deal with a pro. He'll find you the right car at the right price.

-Daniel

11. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Make sure the PPI is very thorough. I was involved in an accident and the repair bill for my Boxster was $8k. Carfax shows it clean, and it even qualifies for the carfax guarantee, it that means anything. I am sure that hte PPI will catch most things, but FWIW make sure you double check.

12. CarStore

CarStore Karting

Sep 19, 2003
    The guy (seller) is a fool. If you shook on a deal then it was enogh of a win for him to accept it. Every deal must be a win-win for both parties. I'm a dealer and I can assure you this broker will not come through with the deal promised. They NEVER do.
    When he comes back with his tail between his legs in a few days offer him $500 less for the agg if you still want it.

Tom

www.carstoreofglenside.com

13. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Thanks guys. I called the seller as well as his broker and explained that 'a deal is a deal' & that I expected to buy the car regardless of if they liked it or not. (oohhh, I sounded so serious.....lol)

Anyways, at this point, the deal is back on.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes smooth and the PPI goes ok.

Paul-thanks for the heads up on carfax. Yes, I know it misses things, but more important than lacking information is if there's anything there. I looked at the car pretty well. Besides what appears to be some routine fixes, everything else looks good.

14. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I can tolerate a lot of things. Cursing, vulgar pictures (got some?) and the rest of the vile flotsam that some of you people can scrape up from the depths of your perverted world.

However I will not stand for coding in BASIC. That’s where I draw the line.

15. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I'm glad it's going well. You should always get things in writing with signatures. That way he can't back out or have mis-communication.

16. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I know, but handshakes still work in my book!!

17. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I like to think so also, it realy depends on who you are dealing with.

18. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Definitely my fault for not doing so. I really should know better by now. Hopefully, everything will work out as planned.

A bit nervous about the PPI though...... anxiously awaiting a clean bill of health.....no seller credits for necessary fixes now!