The start of Tods cool picts..... | FerrariChat

The start of Tods cool picts.....

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Tod328gts, Jul 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Ok, My 328 is running great and at the start of thise week i have a few picts already on the base. I heard from the base that there will be periodic aircraft flying in here throughout the week, hopefully i can get my car on the ramp to get some more pictures.

I also have word, that there may be a couple F117 Stealth Fighter may be planning on visiting here, now that will be the cats meow to get my black 328 positioned in between two stealth fighter for an AWESOME PICTURE for next years calendar!!!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for that one :)

Here are a few picts now.....

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The phantom picture is looking fantastic and already gets you a calendar month. Stealth fighters would be even better.

I'm thinking if you could park in between planes, I would make it a frontal shot. If you "only" get one plane, I would make it a full side view of the car and plane. I'm not such a fan of 3/4 views. Just my $ 0.02.

Also if the weather is not cooperating I would turn on the flash for experiments. It will help lighting the car. I often use fill in flashes even in bright sunlight just to enhance the foreground, which is normally the car.

3. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Very nice Tod. Hope the weather cooperates with you all week long as much as the car has been. Any of the active Air Force guys ask for rides? You able to take it out on the runway at all?

I am contemplating stopping by one day. How open is the base and static displays of the aircraft?

Good luck with your week with the CAP boys. Watch out for all those crazy WI Dells weekend warriors on your way home.

RocketBoy

PS: You going to bring your Fcar up to Oshkosh?

4. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Rocketboy,

I don't think you can get on the Base unless your military or on a MSA at security... The threat level is low now, but security is high, they are searching some vehicles at the gate too.... Just to let you know before you drive all the way up here.

No, not going to Oshgosh this year...

I am still hoping a fighter of some type will fly in here, i am using an office right on the ramp, so i will see them and hear them come in too... :)

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Back in the mid 1980's. I worked at a Trucking Company. And,occassionally,I would go out on a Truck and Deliver GSA-General Services Administration- (Government) Supplies to the Glenview Naval Air Station,among other Military places.(Fort Sheridan,also now closed. Joliet Arsenal. And,Great Lakes Navy Base. Lots of neat places.)

But,at Glenview NAS,I got to drive the Truck right up to a Big Aircraft Hangar. I could walk around all I wanted to and Look at the various Aircraft. Jets,helicopters,You name it. While the "Boots" unloaded my Truck....:)

The first time that I went there. I asked some "Important Looking" Military Guy. (I was never in the Military,so I don't know ranks...) If I could look around at the Jets and stuff. He replied..."Are you a taxpayer?" I said,"Yes Sir,I am" He said "Then,go right ahead,Son. If you are a taxpayer,then these are your planes too. Just don't climb into one and start it up...:)"

So,that was pretty cool. I did that at all of the places. But,certainly,you couldn't do that now. In this day and age...:(

I won't even tell you the story about Driving a 24 foot Box Truck right on the Airfield at Midway Airport to deliver supplies to the Control Tower. The Guard at the gate just told me to "Stay close to the Fence....".... Needless to say,I did. (And,I suppose that I just told the story,too....:)

You won't see stuff like that happening anymore....

6. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Well, we had a F-16 arrive and park on our ramp. Unfortunately the security level is high here, they have some returning transports coming in from you know where, a big sandy place. So, there are MPs and SPs all over with live M-16s.... I may have to do some photo shop work... ;)

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I understand the threat level: Somebody would blow up a 328 to kill off a F-16. Sure.

Anyway, please no photo shop. So far I think the Phantom is the best shot.

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Helo Chicago,
    Hello Andreas,

sorry don`t want to bother you or hi-jack your thread...but thought you would like & LOVE to see the pics in the european section.
    I have been invited by Ferrari today at the Hockenheim Ring germany.
    Got some awesome great, rare and exclusive backstage Ferrari pit lane and box pics:) For sure I have also shot some pics from Michael Schumacher and many other famous drivers & gents.
    Feel free to have a look here:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25234
    Thanks, enjoy and sorry to jump in you thread

Yours
    Wolfgang

9. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Ok, i got some more, i also re-did the F-4 Phantom ones too, they cut the grass the other daa, so now i won't have weeds in the shot... This is only a few of the pictures i took too, i may have enough to make myself a calender... ;)

Enjoy.....

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Lots of good stuff to choose from, well done. My favourite is the one with the "Warzenschwein", the tank killer semi frontal where you can see the "24" on the nose.