Mountain Drive July 31st!! | FerrariChat

Mountain Drive July 31st!!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by 4re308, Jul 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Just wanted to see how many of you would be interested in coming up to Flashback and having breakfast with us, then taking a mountain drive on Saturday morning July 31st? Anyone, anyone....bueller?

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    That's the day of the big barbecue in Guntersville.........

3. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Can I come Mitch? :D I'd get left behind but I'd rather get left behind by some Ferraris than anything else lol

- Andy

4. whitlock

whitlock Karting

Mar 24, 2004
    ATL
    Full Name:
    Whitlock
    Any chance of a Sunday morning drive and breakfast????

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Mitch, you should have joined us this past Monday! It was a delightful trip (outside of my 328's hot starting problem).

I'd be interested in another mountain trip, but on 7/31 I'm committing myself to go to the big bash in Guntersville. Try another date and I might be available.

Meanwhile I'm going to Huntsville for the 7/17 morning drive. Anyone else going from greater Atlanta?

6. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    If there's others coming over from out of town on Friday night, we can meet for dinner or dessert/coffee if you'd like. Of course, it's all pending a nice weather!

And that reminds me, I need to RSVP for the Guntersville BBQ!

7. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hi everyone, I wished I had gone to the mountain drive last week. However, I was a guest of Porsche North America at the Petit Le Mans at Limerock. I got vip treatment to the max. It was so killer. That track is awesome, and I gotta tell you, Connecticut is a gorgeous state. I love that place!! I got to see the Audi R8 up close, the Ferrari 360 GT campaigned by FoH, the MG sports prototype that was very fast, the Vipers all the lovely 911s. Oh, the Lambo Murcielago race car was absolutely awesome, it sounded better than any other car. There were SOOO many hotties running around there. I camped out towards the back of the track. I was hoping to see Maserati, but it was not homolagated for FIA yet.

Anyway, I am getting a great response on the 7/31 mountain drive. Hope you all can make it. We are starting at 8:15am, so we should be done pretty early.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Here's a thought about having one's cake and eating it: if you make the drive go west towards Dalton (GA-52?) then those wanting to go to Guntersville can just continue heading west from Dalton. I figure you could make it there by 2 PM or so.

9. reubenk

reubenk Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    atlanta burbs
    Full Name:
    reuben k

lived in connecticut for a while - hated it ...and the women were all ugly. only good thing about CT is the merrit parkway when it's not covered in dirty snow!

anyway - count me in for the mountain run and please post details (when/where/route/etc) as it gets closer. I've got some tires that are on their last leg. time to burn em off.

10. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Hey Mitchie,
    Sounds like to had a great time in CT, any pics? Sign me up for the mountain drive, the TR needs a little stretch.

Rick . . . .

11. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey Rick, yes I have some pics...as a matter of fact I snuck a few pics of some of the hotties that were at the track too! Will post them soon. I will be posting more info of the mountain drive soon. I just want to get an idea of how many will be attending, so far it looks like a great crowd of awesome cars.

12. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Sunburn did you sell your 348?

13. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Hey Ken,
    I sold it about 2 weeks ago to a guy in Atlanta so we should still see it around. I felt bad though, about 3 days after he bought it either the alternator or the alt. belt gave it up and the batt light came on. He had to leave on a business trip that day so we couldn't check it out before he left. When he gets back from his Brazille trip we're going to get it up on a lift and check it out.

Rick . . . .

14. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Hi guys, I hope if you are going on this drive that you continue on over to Guntersville. I'm looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible. I only wish I could bring my car from CA.

See you in 3 weeks.

Ron

15. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I sent my RSVP in to Tommy Cosgrove... Lisa and I will be there!

16. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hi guys! Just bumping this to the top to make sure you all remember to come for the mountain drive! I might have a new toy to try out too! :)

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Mitch, what route do you have in mind? Considering that at least some participants will be going on to Guntersville, here is my proposal for the combined drive:

Cumming to Ellijay via GA-20, GA-372 and GA-5.
    Ellijay to Dalton via GA-52 (this is the mountain portion).
    Dalton to Chattanooga via I-75.
    Chattanooga to Guntersville via I-24, US-72, AL-279 and AL-79.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.........

18. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Mitch,

Please give details of planned trip. When are where do we meet. (Directions please!) and then planned route of mountain drive, etc., etc., etc. Also, not all of us are going to Guntersville so please keep that in mind.

19. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I'll be going on the mountain drive.... probably in the 911S. I have to be back home in Cumming by about 2pm.

Terry

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think Mitch said we'd be leaving from Flashback Motorworks about 8:30 AM?

21. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yes we are leaving from Flashback at 8:30am. Here are some directions to the starting point, in case some of you do not know.

Flashback is off exit 13 400 North. Once you take exit 13, make a left onto 141, take a right at the 2nd light onto Hwy 9 (Atlanta Hwy) You will see a big BP gas station on the right as well. Take the first right at light onto Pendley Rd. You will see a Freight Surplus store on the left. Once you go over 400, we are the second building on the right. Watch for the checkerboard sign. Flashback Motorworks 2250 Pendley Rd Cumming, GA 30041 770 781 8989.

Our intended route for the morning will be as follows: Starting at Flashback, go to 371 West, to 372 which will turn into Yellow Creek Road as we pass Ballground. We will pick up 52 outside of Amicalola. Take 52 all the way to 9 in Dalonega. The head to Suches, take Hwy 60 around to 180 and back. We will have exact directions and maps provided for you. It should be an awesome drive, the weather should be fine. If anyone has any questions call me at the office 770 781 8989.

22. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    So, how was the drive? Where's the photos?

23. Jbuffa

Jbuffa Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Joseph Buffa
    I’m surprised you weren’t with them "taking it easy" at 150+

24. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I wanted to go...but I had to go to three car shows to hand out flyers for the First Redeemer Classic and Exotic Car Show on Sept 18, 2004. And, if I did go I would never have exceeded the speed limit anyway. I'm a law abiding citizen and that would just be wrong!

25. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Had a great time! We had about 6 Ferraris, 7 Lotus Esprits, 3 Porsches and a Vette and a NSX show up. It was awesome! I will be posting the pics soon!