Louden Race Track Thursdays... | FerrariChat

Louden Race Track Thursdays...

Discussion in 'New England' started by enjoythemusic, Jul 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ok guys, will be posting more info, rules, etc, yet at the New Hampshire International Speedway they have time slots for cars to use the street track.

See http://www.nhis.com/eventschedule.htm

Plans are to meet there every other Thursday for Ferrari day. Odds are you WILL need to be tech inspected and wear a 3-layer rated Nomex suit, plus Nomex gloves, Nomex shoes, rated helmet, etc. Since July 29 is a Thursday and TECHNICALLY my real Bday, might i humble propose Thursday the 29th we meet at the facility at 12pm SHARP to drive the track?

Any takers?

2. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Just called them. You MUST HAVE graduated an approved school or have a competition license. Oh well.. gave it a try. Guess my plans for 2005 is better than rushing things now...

3. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I was going to add - driving on a track without any experience and without an instructor?

If you (or anyone else) is looking to get some track time - and more importantly, track time with qualified instructor, why not come to Lime Rock next weekend?

Friday and Saturday, July 30/31. Lime Rock Park. Ferrari Club of America Track weekend. You'll have an instructor for each session, professional corner workers, etc.

I'll be there, and I know Spivy and Ricambi will too, as well quite a few others.

vty,

--Dennis

4. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

Agreed, and looks like 2005 will be school time for me. That is a good thing as more formal schooling is a positive move.

Alas Dennis, this coming weekend is my Bday with a private party just for two. So you could say (eh hem) i'll be a bit tied up. Sorry i can't make it and am sure you guys will have a great time. nJoy.

5. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Steven -- try scda or bmwcca, there is no need for a novice to be on the track on a test-n-tune night.

$200 for the day gets you an instructor, 3 on-track sessions, and no need to flag @ the corners (iow it's a professional run thing).

There are a few days avail at NHIS for SCDA. I'm honestly not sure what the advantage of doing a ferrari-only school is? You really limit yourself with that.

There are many different types of cars and people that show up to these schools. Try SCDA you'll have a ton of fun.

-N

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Nabbs is absolutely right. SCDA is great (I've been instructing with them for a few years now). Also consider COM, PDA, TracQuest at WGI, or joining the PCA and/or BMW CCA. Also, the Alfa Romeo Owner's Club of CT is running a track day at Lime Rock on 8/28, ping me for details.

Stop spending money on upgrading the 308 until you actually bring it to the track for once! :) :)

vty,

--Dennis

7. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Nabbs,

Many thanks, will loo-see :)

8. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Agreed, though i kinda test her as i can :)

And yes, have been busy making upgrades as i want her to be "right" for 2005. Am being very careful and taking the time in doing things in what i feel is the right order.

Of course you are right, she needs to have a proper place to let loose so will check-see things. Guess i just want her to be workable "out of the box" before a true public showing.

New England Fchater Kenny had a ride/drove in her last weekend and he can chime in here as to how she felt. During very hard braking (as Kenny drove her) it unfortunately suffered from a premature front lock-up (a known issue) and this is being addressed as the Brembos are on their way to me right now. Also, the new rims and tires will give her added grip. During the winter i will probably send back the shocks for re-tooling of the adjusters for finer tuning in the working range.

(Phew)

Ok, ok, yes... i am being retentive before she makes her public debut. Naturally the driver's ability is KEY, yet i KNOW she needs some work done to enhance her ability. Bought a very limited (performance) car and am throwing vast funds into solving various issues. Have ZERO desire to have a different (read: newer) Ferrari. Love the Euro spec 308... and it will probably be the end of me... or should i say my wallet ;-)

And please accept my apologies, you are indeed a very helpful, kind man and there are times i can be, well... not the most diplomatic person. Add to that the love/hate/love/hate with FNA and i guess my feelings over spilled onto things that were inappropriate. Again, my apologies accordingly.

9. mjb

mjb Rookie

Jul 27, 2004
    I'll be there to instruct - I'm primarily PCA, and instruct for BMW, Alfa, SCDA, etc, but haven't run with the Ferrari club before. I've been able to find very little info about the event, except from friends who've instructed in the past.

Is there anything significantly different from the usual DE that I'd want to know about? I imagine it'll be the usual 4 or 5 run groups, with instructors in-car with one or two of the groups? 80-120 drivers total? Gates open 6:30 or 7? Any info will be appreciated -

Looking forward to it - See you there!

Matt