BBQ in Guntersville on July 31 - WHO'S GOING?? | FerrariChat

BBQ in Guntersville on July 31 - WHO'S GOING??

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Ron, May 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Hi gang,

I just bought a vacation house in Northern AL at Lake Guntersville. My family will be vacationing there from July 30-Aug 6. We are going to have a BBQ on Saturday July 31 and I would like to invite you to come.

Here is a link to the house on the site of my property management company.

www.thornton-properties.com click on vacation rentals and then Signal Point Estate (it is stretching it to call it an estate, I know).

I will post a reminder closer to the date but I wanted to throw it out there so that you can plan ahead if you want to come.

Please let me know if you can make it.

Hope to see you.

Ron

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Ron, look for a PM from me.

Mike Charness

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Congratulations, Ron; i got your email, sent a reply back... i can't imagine NOT being there, so i'm looking forward to seeing you soon... :)

4. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Mike, replied to your PM.

NNO got your email, still working on the reply. Glad you can make it.

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    JULY 31, 2004 -- SUMMER SATURDAY BBQ IN GUNTERSVILLE - Join us at the lakefront vacation home of Ron and Sumei Shirley in Guntersville Alabama for a social and BBQ to be held at Signal Point Estate from 1pm to 5pm or later.

Plenty of parking for your Ferrari, plenty of beautiful scenery for a pleasant outdoor afternoon at the lake. FCA (Ferrari Club of America) members $5/person or $10/couple at the door, others $10/person or $15/couple. You need to RSVP to Tommy Cosgrove at [email protected] or by phone (listed at our www.fca-se.org site) and to get directions.

6. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Just bumbping this to the top as a reminder.

I hope to see all of you there.

Ron

7. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    OK, I know we've advertised it in the FCA News, but who's going from here on FChat? Lisa and I will be there!

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Where is Guntersville,Al. located in relationship to Atlanta?

9. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    If is doesn't rain, count me in. That would make a nice Saturday drive. By the way Parkerfe, Guntersville is West and a little North of Atlanta, below Huntsville and above Gadsden, about midway on hwy 431.

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    How many miles from Atlanta would that be?

11. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Mapblast says 141 miles

12. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    The Thornton Properties web site is down and has been for a few days so the link above does not work. They hope to get it repaired today or tomorrow.

I will be arriving on Thursday night.

The phone number at the house is 256/582-1756. Call if you need directions. I am planning on the meal being served around 2 - 2:30 pm.

See you guys there. Hope the weather is good.

Ron

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Here's a map:

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Unfortunately the chance of rain for Saturday has just been upped to 50 or 60% depending on which weather site you check-----doesn't look good.

15. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    We have 3 cars coming from Huntsville unless we get rained out. My 308QV, a 328, and a 456. Our plan is to caravan over and arrive around 2pm.

What's the plan for the BBQ if it rains?

16. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Thanks Ron and Sumei for being such good hosts. Those of you who let the threat of rain scare you away missed a great time and great food. Ron even set aside "premium parking" for the F-cars! The propery is right on Guntersville Lake... when Ron goes back to California, I'm thinking we might want to rent it for an FCA event. We might make one of our "Saturday drives" a bit longer and end up there for a nice lunch and relaxing afternoon.

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Sorry I had to miss it, but with my newly-discovered C.V. boot problem I probably would have passed even it the weather forecast hadn't been so negative.

I don't know if any of you looked at the weather radar today, but a very threatening line of storms was heading straight for Guntersville, and then it shriveled up and disappeared just as it approached! Talk about fortunate...

If you have another event at the location, I'll certainly try to make it. Perhaps during fall foliage season?

18. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Thanks for coming Mike. I just returned home to California a few minutes ago. It was great meeting you. I wish I could have spent more time with you but there were a lot of people there that I had to also spend time with.

Sorry the rest of you could not make it. I think it rained all around Guntersville but we did not get a drop.

I hope to do something similar next year. In the meantime, it would be great if you guys scheduled an event there.

Best regards,

Ron