NO Front Plate Ticket | FerrariChat

NO Front Plate Ticket

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Hubert888, Jul 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    F@CK!!!!

dropped Rene off at CC this morning and headed home. was literally on the same block as where my apt building and parking garage are, and a cop gave me a missing front plate ticket.
    was almost home!!!
    i pulled over right in front of the doorman too and had him watch me get a ticket.

2. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Come on now Hubert... you know that isn't why he pulled you over...

Seriously, sorry to hear about it, but this is the first ticket like this I've heard of in a long time.

3. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    sucks man.
    driving with no plates anyway is a ticket gamble.
    sometimes youre lucky and sometimes youre not.
    a lot of PlAyN hATin GoIng oN

4. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    were you being ****** to the cop? What I do is keep the plate wedged in between the windshield and dashboard on the passenger side. Yeah it's a little annoying when it reflects off the glass but a ticket is worse. Or you can always carry the plate in your car and when pulled over explain how you have an appointment with the auto body shop and show the cop how they will have to drill holes into the body in order to attach the plate, tell him it will decrease the value of the car.

5. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    ive gotten a ticket in the city for ahving the plate on the dash...
    i stopped after having it there for a week. IMO it looks wack.

either you have it in the front and get no tickets but have it
    look cheese, or you dont have it and get occasional tickets and
    the car looks HOT. ones decision.

most of the time the city cops are the d!!ks.

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i explained to him that i got into a small accident last week and showed the cop my damaged front plate and told him to look at my bumper to see the holes that my former front plate bracket left. also told him that i ordered the SPECIAL mounting bracket from the dealership and it hasnt arrived yet.

the cop saw me a block away and he hurriedly got into his car and drove 1 block to catch up with me.

he definitely was playa hatin.

7. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    They probably have little pools to see who can pull over the most ferraris, lambos, etc...

That sounds to me like a "whoa! quick! ferrari that i can nail...10 points for me!"

nlh

8. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Is that the special Blonde plate holder or the
    sultry asian holder? :)

9. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    dats focked up.

10. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    they are cracking down on that i think.
    i did not have a front plate on my cars for few yrs now, got pulled over few times, never got a ticket for it, my excuse is always that "some lowlife stole my $40 carbon fiber license plate holder, my new one is on the way to me". always worked until recently. in the last few months i was pulled over 3 times, and got 2 tix, excuse don't work no more. just a price u gotta pay.

11. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Did you show him the busted ass old plate and tell him that you were in an accident and were waiting for a replacement bracket? that's the excuse I use...

12. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    he did, and he still got that tix. dats why it was playa hatin!

13. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    that sucks - i've had two (one at the QMT tunnel and one when parked about an hour at a meter in the west village) but even the one where the cop waved me over at the tunnel I think he would have let me off if I had had the plate with me (which, stupidly, I didn't)

I actually have a hearing scheduled next Thursday for that one - the judge who scheduled it for me said i'm likely to get it dismissed because the cop didn't fill out the ticket properly. So, if you have time, take it in and take your chances on getting it eliminated.

On the other hand, I don't think it counts as a moving violation and it's 80 or 90 dollars so probably more worthwhile just to pay it and be done...

i swear enforcement on this is getting more vigorous although the police and judge i've talked to all insist that it's always been enforced the same.

14. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle

15. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i got one on friday at QMT, was wavied over and issued a tix. he said i can send in a picture of plate on the car, and it should be dismissed. i don't know about that but it is just fine, not moving violation.

16. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    near end of the month....

cop must have not filled his quota too.

17. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    I don't think cops are restricted to quotas anymore... now they can write as many as they want....

18. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    That is correct and I have been driving on 2 of my 3 cars for years without a front plate. No Tix. It's a NYC thing and a LOAD OF BS if you ask me. The cops that enforce this are jealous a-holes and that is why they chased you down the block. It's funny how you never see those guys running after those that they really should be running after. Pisses me off...

19. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Take it from me, I run 4-5 trucks making deliveries in the city everyday. Before Bloomberg the summons were $55. 6 months after he is in office the tickets for double parking cost me $115! Any cop will tell you Bloomberg has a zero tolerance policy, summons in NYC probably generate one of the highest incomes for the city. Bloomberg feels this market wasn't tapped by previous administrations. Before Bloomberg my trucks got about 1 summons every 2 weeks in total, NOW I'm good for 3-5 a WEEK! Remember that the next election New York City residents! IMPEACH BLOOMBERG

20. RANTANESIAN

RANTANESIAN Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rene Antanesian
    yo you know what i say to that no front plate only means no back plate and just don't stop fwerd

21. RANTANESIAN

Jun 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rene Antanesian
    Hey thats my fathers friend?

22. RANTANESIAN

Jun 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rene Antanesian
    but impeach him anyway

23. RANTANESIAN

Jun 18, 2004
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rene Antanesian
    let dream

24. CitySnake

CitySnake Rookie

Mar 19, 2004
    Ground Zero, USA
    Full Name:
    City
    Where did you get the ticket? I've had no front plate for 3 years and only one warning. The one time I got stopped for speeding cop didn't even cite me for no front plate.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...I once got pulled over at gunpoint for no front plate. At the entrance to the MT. A week after 9/11. I guess they figured that no front plate = propensity towards terrorism!

25. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Scott,

Where at ground zero are you? I'm in Tribeca on Murray between Greenwich and West Broadway.

Emil