Hummer H2 not manly enough for you?------------------- | FerrariChat

Hummer H2 not manly enough for you?-------------------

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by tonyh, Jul 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #1 tonyh, Jul 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Dr.Bleed

Dr.Bleed Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nathan E. K.
    It's neat what they did with it, but didnt they take it in the wrong direction? Is it not supposed to be an off roading vehicle?

3. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Ive yet to hear of someone take the H2 offroading. Not a fan of that SUV at all....

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I wonder about dopes who put ZR tires on an SUV.

I wonder if they have a sportscar at home with tires for mudding on it LOL

5. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    They can put a 1000HP on it. I still don't see how anybody can stretch to say it's 'manly' in any view. It just looks like a pet poodle should be sticking his head out the passenger window.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

"The Great Pumpkin" would be an appropriate name. I just love H2's.......when they are done up right like this one is.

7. speed130

speed130 Karting

May 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I can't wait to see a huge SUV with 26's and 30 series tires get stuck in snow with all four wheels spinning. Lingenfelter makes a 700hp twin turbo kit for GM small block trucks, if any mod is a must, that would be the upgrade.

Steve

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    My uncle does. He was going to wait a while after he had it, but only ended up waiting about 6 weeks before he took it for an afternoon of mudding. He's had several other little off-roading adventures in it already.

9. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    #9 whart, Jul 27, 2004
  10. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I have an H2. Have been told its basically a hopped up Tahoe by the dealer. I do not have any complaints and have gone off roading on a friend's ranch many times. It holds its own but is really a big, oversized SUV. Despite its size, I've been in Tahoe's, Suburbans, Explorers with more comfortable, functional and spacious interiors.

People automatically associate this car with the military version Humvee. This is a car, its nowhere near it. Because its got Hummer written on it and due to the great advertising and marketing, people overlook the fact this is really a over the top soccer mom bus, ( and this is an owner stating it! ) This line of Hummers definitely needs a power and suspension upgrade.

The orange one in the pic, that's over kill. I agree with Frogman the H2 should be more geared for off roading. This german version, with those wheels? Yuck. How fast can it go, is it really sharp in turns, why place all that mass to stop on a dime: it can't happen. I think GM should fix it up to make it a real off roader, not a heavy shelled in panels disguised run of the mill SUV.

RocketBoy

PS: I've posted this before, but the first time I brought my H2 in for service I asked if any funny stories have happened to the car series since it hit the market, ( as I bought mine as they just came out. ) He told me a new customer drove it straight from the dealer, to his home by a lake in Wisconsin, and it sunk it the very same lake. The new buyer then called back in a fit asking why they sold him lemon...

the new buyer thought the car was amphibious.

( Schaumburg Chevy story told by service rep Ralph. )

11. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben

Isn't that related to or a version of the UniMog? I think Ahhh-nold has one or two of those in his stable if I remember correctly. Definitely more rugged than the H2, but that orange one isn't too bad looking.

Edit: www.maximog.com Guess it's just a modded Unimog, but it sure looks sweet :D

12. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Glad to hear SOME people take it offroading and actually have some fun with it. Theres a ton of H2's in Memphis for some reason or another, and they all have soccer moms driving them, or tinted windows with spinners.

And I'm sure no one wants to get mud on their bling...

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I do hear you though... it's sad 98% of them will never grow up to be a real truck.

Luckily, there are a few truck guys like my uncle who have impulsive urges to drive over things, through deep mud and up steep hills. I know that if I had one, I'd take plenty of 'short cuts' and drive through fields everywhere!

14. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#14 maranelloman, Jul 28, 2004