Found my 355 Spider--Now the Bad News | FerrariChat

Found my 355 Spider--Now the Bad News

Discussion in '348/355' started by sagaponack, Jul 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sagaponack

sagaponack Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    After two years, I finally found a 355 Spider in dark blue and 6 speed.

The bad news is the color is "natural" which seems like a bad brown with a bit of red in it. Dark blue and tan always made sense to me. This is a darkish brown color. And blue piping to boot! I want to puke.

Don't send the guys in the white jackets but how much would it cost to do an interior color change: dash, door inserts, steering wheel, and seats

What do you guys think of this interior color?

Best,

Rob

2. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    lets see some pics!!!

3. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    #3 993 guy, Jul 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Rob, I was just about to email you about this car. I personally think it is a beautiful color combo that you have to see to judge. It's head and shoulders above the Miller Motorcars 355 that you and I both saw and the only gripe I would have is the steering wheel color. I never like it to be matched to the interior....see what a steering wheel will cost ya? This looks like a BEAUTIFUL example and if I were you I would move on it...FAST. That's my opinion, and the natural is actually a very nice color...not bad with the piping either. Just my .02 of course.

Eric
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. sad11

sad11 Karting

Jun 25, 2004
    If you are going to want to puke now, then you shouldn't think over time it is going to look any better to you. Go with your gut feeling. Good luck in your decision.

-A

5. Lumberman

Lumberman Karting

Jun 24, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will
    That's a great classic color combo! Very classy! My Red 348 Spider has Palamino interior, but I've seen the same car with a black interior that looked horrible!

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'd bin the steering wheel before even taking her home, that is what is letting it down, otherwise great looking car.

Steering wheels should either be wooden rim with alloy spokes (not this modern ugly wooden insert grap) or black rim with alloy spokes OR all black, or atleast a dark colour.

That wheel is a joke ... probably made the ferrari fitter puke when installing it ;)

Pete

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I agree; interior is great sans steering wheel.
    But if you don't like any of it, throw some new hides on there. If you go to an independent, they can put real Conolly hides on for a few thousand $$.

8. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    I think it looks great. Better than tan for the color of the exterior.

9. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Eye of the beholder... I think its a very classy combo.

10. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    It's not without its charms. The interior might be an attention-grabber (and a good conversation piece) during an F-car meet....all I can say is: dare to be different.

11. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I was looking at a 360 spider today that was the silver (Titanium) with the "natural" interior - and I really like it - I think this is a very unique color - and will add a bit of flavor with the TDF exterior...

There is my .02 worth...

Rich

Good luck with the search/purchase Rob!

12. AHMTHSSN

AHMTHSSN Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    AH
    I quite like it and it is different. I actually prefer it when the whole interior is the same colour (ie: when the steering wheel and upper dash match the seats).

13. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I think that it is a really nice combonation, except for the steering wheel.

14. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I like both the steering wheel and the matching colored dash.

Stan

15. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    i like it. Dont like the blue floor mats tho..

Great color combo all the way round

16. udalmia

udalmia Guest

everything is perfect except the steering imo

17. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Buy it....but discount accordingly for the deviating color combination (as Porsche calls it). I actually like the colored steering wheel.

And when reveiwing these kinds of surveys remember that the people responding are all saying they like it...not that they'd buy it.

18. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Think its great, and yes I would buy as is.....but as mentioned by others, if you have to fight with the look of anything on it....pass and keep looking, dont settle on your ferrari, get want you desire.Took me 3 yrs to find my TR in the late 90's ..... great things come to those who wait !!

19. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    OK...What's the right price. 5500 miles '99 6-speed. 1-year Ferrari warranty and 30k done.

I may look at replacing the steering wheel, changing the piping to body color and definitely getting normal mats in the car.

Best,

Rob

20. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Im confused Rob... the piping is already blue. What color wld you make it?

21. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Change it out for a black steering wheel. Then she'll be perfect IMO. You dont like the blue trim? I think it looks very elegant and classy, make sure you dont puke on the interior, ok?

22. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Based on what I have seen - you are probably going to be around the 100K mark.. Last year made + low miles + 30K and warranty (not an F1 - this is good in my opinion - but discounts a bit - color is a discount mainly because it is not red - but it is your favorite color - so plus for you...)

I am betting without seeing what they are asking - they are probably asking around 115K for it... If you can get it below 100K - I think that would be a good deal... The only caution would be - if you are looking to resell - the prices are starting to (have been) inch-ing down and will continue as new models are released..

If I were to make an offer - I would start at 94K and work up to what you are comfortable with - as long as everything is well sorted (records, PPI, etc).

23. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The natural brown colour is very unique & personally I think it gives it more of the buff "leather" look to it. Everyones opinion is different, just b/c you've been searching for 2 years doesn't mean you have to settle for this one.

Go w/your gut feeling & best of luck in your hunt for treasure

24. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    $95 to $100K.

25. sagaponack

Nov 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The same color as the seats because I would like to not have piping but seat colored piping is the next best thing.