New Exhaust | FerrariChat

New Exhaust

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by basher, Jul 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. basher

basher Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Full Name:
    Fraser B
    Well I finally went for the change and hung the tubi up on the wall for the time being and replaced it with an ITO..... Initially was very disappointed when i picked it up as it sounded very 'muted' to say the least at idle and not that noisy under power. Ran it for 200 miles and noted that it was gently increasing in noise but the 'howl' and 'scream' were markedly absent. Thanks to some good advice I checked the bypass valve and lo and behold it is rather stiff on manually opening it.So short term short cut and to check exhaust sounded like i thought it should I wired the bypass open permanently with some help and advice from Bernard(thanks very much for your help so far)... connected the airbox back on adn with bated breath started her up.....

Well if you ever needed an excuse for a 20 minute check drive this was it. Naturally with the valve wired open it is 'agricultural' to say the least at tickover but when you touch the throttle it is like the gates of hell have opened and unleashed all the persecuted screams in one go.....it is frightening..... from the burble on the overrun to the glass shattering scream on full chat.... this is what it should sound liek i reminded myself .....

A note aside will get bypass valve checked (as it feels stiff) and might be the bore of the new exhaust being a touch on the narrow side or any number of issues with this poxy addition to these cars (anyone NOT had a BP issue or rattle ??? No did not think so).....as open permanently is a little too raw (not for me but the wife) adn of course the slow down light flashes below 30 as the sensors are confused by the valve being opened and the mix prob but Karl tells me this is not an issue at all....as it disappears as you speed up....... so far i am very very impressed..... but i think my neighbours might not be of the same view when i left for work today at 0530...oops..... going to keep the tubi though as it is a beautiful sound too ...not as raw as this but probably as i start losing my hair then i might want something less evil but for now this will do me fine thankyou very very much...will get some recordings this weekend and post them next week.... its awesome , totally...

Happy motoring

FJB

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Glad you sorted out the prob, Fraser.Look fwd to hearing it on 8 Aug.
    Rgds

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    heard a preview of this at 6.20 am over the phone :) Didn't sound all that :p

4. basher

basher Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Full Name:
    Fraser B
    cheeky sod

probably your old eardrums not functioning too well

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London