TonyH/ Markcp Warning...... WaxWizard | FerrariChat

TonyH/ Markcp Warning...... WaxWizard

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MarkCollins, Jul 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    I saw their name posted on the 'professional valet' thread

taken from Boxa.net

The forum was frequented by a car valet who members raved about. He spend the whole day polishing wheel nuts and waxing mudflaps etc. Sold them lots of Swissol products too - competes with Zymol - you know the type of stuff that replaces the "natural oils" in your car's finish, smells nice and costs a fortune.

Unfortunately a couple of people rumbled that he wasn't really selling them Swissol products but his own homemade stuff. You can imagine what the gross margin on this gunk is. And he's been doing it before with Zymol, see here.

Below is an extract from a showdown!

"Today we met with Mark Underwood (Wax Wizard) to give him a chance to explain his actions. He apologised to us for selling some 'fake' Swissol products. He promised that he would be in touch with ALL those he still owes product to. He also said that he would be posting an apology on the forum explaining his recent actions and would confirm that he NEVER mixed or imported in bulk any Swissol products into the UK or that products were held up at Customs.

Mark has assured us that he will give those customers who have ordered Swissol products from him the option of having his own Wax Wizard goods or the genuine Swissol article sent via ourselves."

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Thnks Mark. He was the guy who provided the quote for me.

3. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Told you Tony m8 i did offer goes show the cheapest aint always the best its £550 now lol hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

RAY360M

4. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Ray 360M M8'

I whole heartedly agree. It's a case of "The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." Rather like 'out of date' condoms - they just cannot be relied upon.

5. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Dear 512

Luv the quote - but what is that analogy all about? Sounds bitter and twisted to me, somewhat beneath one's station. Unless of course it's from personal experience?!

6. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade 400 Spyder M8,

Yes, you are perfectly correct - on both counts. The twins are named Rupert and Valencia!

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have used them within one month of the expiry date without problems....

She was surprised and delighted when I produced it from the bottom of the kit bag.....besides, she was a beautiful blond with a doctorate degree and I felt it would have been good breeding stock......

Sometimes you have to run close to the edge......

However, this consumer fraud on the wax is a VERY serious issue...;)

8. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    What else can one possibly say - thought I might have hit the nail on the head - didn't know I was going to hit two!!

By the way are we the only 2 Fchatters alive this evening in the UK? It's been very quiet all day without stevef around.

9. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan

Now even 512Tea Are has buggered off - probably literally! - and left me alone in the UK Fchat area!!

Cue - sound of tumble weed rushing by open front door!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrades Speedy 308 M8 and 400 Spyder M8,

Do not feel lonely for I am here! I received a personal communication from Comrade Steve earlier this evening. He has returned from Oulton Park and I understand that at this very moment he is composing a missive to amuse his Comrades and mortify his arch enemy Toeknee M8!

For myself I am contemplating a 'New Thread' which I may place this evening when I complete my correspondence to other party's.

11. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Don't worry about Speedy 308 - he's from across the pond.

Although he does enter into alot of your chats 512 Tea Are - presume this isn't one of the aforementioned offspring.

Christ it's amazing how many posts you can do in one day if you just talk rollocks!!

:D Why does that mean 'talking' - oh no that could have been another post!

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I like the atmosphere in the UK Section....

Kinda like when J.J. Cale plays a club here called The Mucky Duck...

It's just a little different, besides the US Sections are WAY slow now, I guess due to summer holidays.

I'd like to come to Goodwood some day, or to see the Isle of Man races.

Not directly related to 512 that I'm aware...The Leach ancestry goes back to England, but I also have Craig as a family name, which is Scotch Irish.

So it's kind of a 'roots' thing, to chat here! :)

13. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Hope no offence taken Speedy - just a bit of the old British banter with 512 -whot!

As I said earlier it's very quiet in here tonight.

Kind regards - Kevan

14. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade 400 Spyder M8 and Comrade Speedy 308 M8,

I'm busy on my 'Aural Sex' thread at the moment - trying to sort out the wheat from the chaff - or perhaps it's the 'Cocks from the Pricks!'

15. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    512 Tea Are

You are a shameless plugger! Oops I think I'm back to my "buggering off - literally" quote earlier!!!

16. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade 400 Spyder M8,

May I request, please, that you do not use the word 'buggery' on my 'Aural Sex' thread.

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    THAT would be a good idea.......

A "Pride" party took over my pool at the complex over the weekend..I had to remove my teenage daughter and her two female friends finally....

Geez, I've never seen such carrying on........ever seen two pink trimmed African American cowboys in hot pants? I sadly, now have....

The heteros took it back about sundown, I hope the management increased the chlorine level some........