replacement battery for a 360 | FerrariChat

replacement battery for a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by 720, Jul 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    sorry if this subject has already been discussed, but i tried searching and didn't find what i was looking for.

has anybody found a better battery to replace the stock 360 battery when it dies? i've heard good things about optima batteries, but i don't think they make one that fits in the 360 battery area??

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I noticed mine has an Interstate battery in it. Not sure what model but it fits perfectly. Works great especially when I hook up the o'l battery tender.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Most of the FNA dealers are recommending a Interstate brand battery...not sure of the size either...but sounds like the way to go. As you surmise, several have tried to fit an Optima, but apparently it is a "no go".

4. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I replaced mine with an Interstate (again, not perfectly sure of the model--I had the local Ferrari dealer order it for me). At least one person on this board installed an Optima, but when I carefully measured the available Optima sizes, this seemed like anything but a bolt in installation.

5. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal

Hey Rick!

Fun looking at the cars...what a deal....

The Optima will fit if you space up the top bracket...I did not do it, but someone else here did. You can go to their website and get sizes and post positions. I did all that work, then went stock as I was under warranty for it...

6. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    hi kevin,

right now i'm not having any battery problems. i'm just looking for a better battery when mine crap out...which i've heard tends to happen sooner than later in the 360. LOL. i've heard a lot of good things about the optima so it would be interesting to see what it would take to get one to fit :) can you ask the person you know who did it what they had to do to make it work? thanks!

7. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    What I was told is the rods that stick up does into a top plate held down with bolts. The rods must be longer. This is done by a long nut with the stud at the other end.

I didn't do it though! This is second hand. I looked and it made sense.

8. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    My Diablo's OEM battery was replaced with an Interstate. It's the way I'll go with the 360.

9. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Dealer doesn't recommend the optima battery for the 360s bacause of what Tube Guy just explained. If it comes loose, man what a disaster down there and you will not see it until it goes dead...