Anyone With Brembo GT Brake Upgrade on 328? | FerrariChat

Anyone With Brembo GT Brake Upgrade on 328?

Discussion in '308/328' started by blu328gts, Jul 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Looking for words of wisdom/experience quantitative or qualitative.

Also, what caliper color/lettering color combo (e.g., silver/red, black/red, red/black, yellow/red, etc.) would you put on a chairo blue car?

Thanks all...
    ~Rick~

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I have been looking into this. Saddly I have a mess to deal with and you get it easy. :D

The brembo kit for 308's works on your car. It is a smallish kit at around 313mm disk if I recall.

My car with its ABS hub does not have a brembo kit offered....per say that is...

I know a few 308s have it and IMO its not a bad deal for the money. http://www.vantageperformance.com/ is the best place to get it also that I have seen.

I was not aware they offer lettering services, can you provide me with more details on it? Thanks.

3. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Will have more info on lettering options tomorrow (Thursday). That said, I was asked what my preference would be.

Any idea what Vantage Performance discount level is on Brembo?

The 308 kit utilizes 313mm two-piece rotors in order to clear the stock 16" rims. Since I'm already running 17's, I wonder if it's feasible to fit the 332mm rotors as used for 348/355's.

The other thing I'm considering is whether to bite the bullet and do shocks/springs/bushings now. Seems as though there's good success with the QA1 (ex-Carrera shock) setup. Don't want to go the Moton route due to expense. Any additional feedback regarding this would be appreciated as well.

~Rick~

4. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Rick, I for one like to do things one at a time, so you can fine tune them and make sure everything is right before going to the next project. Ask Brembo directly, they should be able to help you on upsizing...they told me no when I asked though.

As for the VP discount, I am not sure, but I am sure it is better then the MSRP numbers asked by everyone else:
    http://www.racetechnologies.com/applications/app_ferrari.htm\
    The founder of the company is a member here. He has the VP avatar. Nice guy. They used to be a sponsor of fchat a while back in the early days.

When I do my setup I am probably going 322 to 355mm depending on what I choose in the end...(OEM setup off of a 550 or 512 or a brembo kit for a 512 on my ABS hub 328)

5. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Oh and IMO I think blk or silver with red letters would look nice on your car, but it depends on your wheels too. Which wheels are you running?

6. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Compomotive TS 3-piece rims...

7. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Dumb question: What size are the stock 328 front/rear rotors?

8. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    272mmF/277mmR according to my info on this comp, dont remember where I got it from. (This is not my normal computer as I am currently on vacation...yet STILL on this site :))

Also, since your wheels cover your calipers up pretty good I would say red with white lettering so they at least peak out a little.

9. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    So the 313mm rotors would actually be a pretty decent upgrade.

Yeah, those are pretty fat spokes. Centercap has SF shield, so actually yellow calipers/black lettering wouldn't be bad. But yellow seems kinda ricey...

Thanks a bunch for the info, Omar! Really helps!!

10. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    No problem, thats what I'm here for. :)

11. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Rick,

No comments on the 328, yet the 308 normal Brembo kit will be here any day. Then will install them and will post comments accordingly. i debated going with a larger kit, but that would add rotational mass and as i am busy making the car lighter anyway, saw little reason to go bigger (for now). Keep in mind the 308 here is a Euro and already lighter than the US equivalent, yet am still removing unnecessary bits to make her weigh less. Time will tell...

Agreed with the other Fchat cool dude, do ONE project at a time so you can fine-tune it.

12. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    NICE Euro, Steve!

Agree w/ you and Omar: take it a step at a time.

Also agree w/ you: less rotating mass = good; less unsprung mass = good (that's why Kinesis/Hypercoil/Koni for my P-car).

Thanks!
    ~Rick~

13. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    VIP discount is 10-15% depending on the brake kit. Not much, but for the more expensive kits it could mean a couple hundred dollars.

Jason-

14. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Thanks, Jason...