I finally got one!!! | FerrariChat

I finally got one!!!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by etip, Jul 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    After looking around for a few month, I purchased a really nice 308 gtsi. All servcice has been done, red/black boxer paint with Gotti wheels, headers and exhaust (not sure what kind); overall, a great driver. I am so excited. It should be delivered in the next few weeks and I'm looking forward to getting involved in club events.
    Eric

2. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Welcome aboard Eric.........congratulations on your new baby!

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey,
    Congrats Eric. So you did it huh? Good for you! Hmmm let's see, another red/boxer 308!! If we can get a couple more we can give the 355 spider tripletts a run for their money.

4. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Great news Eric, congratulations! Look forward to meeting you and your new ride at an event soon.

5. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    yeah, I'm so psyched. Now comes the hard part... The wait until it's shipped.
    Kind of ironic how similar our cars are Jdubbya. If you had not removed those Gotti's from yours...

6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Congrats man! Hope to see you at a club event soon.

Dave

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Pictures soon? Congrats. You'll be able to enjoy it some this summer. How long a wait?

8. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I've got some pictures, but I'm in the other Washington right now, so I can't post 'em. I will as soon as I get back to Seattle. I was told the shipping company would be able to get the car in "a couple weeks". I should have it early August for some fun summer cruising. I'm hoping to have it to drive down to Laguna Seca/ Monterey for the IC.
    I know understand the feelings others express when they talk about "the wait" for their cars to get to them.
    Eric

9. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #9 etip, Jul 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    looks very clean!!!!!!! good work

11. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Welcome aboard and congrats my friend!

12. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    I think you guys already gave the "three amigos" a run for thier money...one more puts the icing on the cake!!!

Congrats Eric....This Saturday at Newcastle....gonna come show her off?

13. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    OOPS....sorry Eric, just saw you wont be getting it until next week...you should show up anyway and introduce yourself. FCA next on the list?

14. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

Man that looks nice! They are very similar but I see a few differences right of the bat...yours has the California style mirrors, yours has black trim around the windshield and roof (DJ does this sound familiar?? maybe your right?!) you still have the Gotti's while mine are somewhere in Indianna with their happy new owner, and your interior is all black. Of course the obvious one is that yours is a GTSi. It'll be fun to compare them closer!!!

Look forward to seeing it and meeting you!! The wait is brutal isn't it?? It took me almost three weeks between purchase and delivery. Man that was a LONG three weeks!

Congrats Again!!
    John

15. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Think I got ya beat John....5 weeks....2 weeks additional at FoA for Valve job/30K...Brutal bairly describes it! Especially with this weather!

16. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    actually the interior is really nice and its NOT all black; black with red piping. It looks really cool, I think.

17. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Also, thanks for all the nice comments. I am really excited to finally get an F car.

18. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #18 etip, Jul 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's an interior shot.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Chris
    I know what you mean. I got to drive mine after it got here for a few weeks (when I could in December and January!!) and then it went to Carlo for almost three weeks, had it home for a couple more then off to the body shop for almost three more weeeks. I think out of the first 13 weeks (counting delivery time) I only had it home for about 4 weeks.

Eric,
    That interior looks Great!! I was just noticing the differences as mine has black carpets and dash but cream seats and doors.

Chris I sent you a PM too.

20. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I just heard from the shipping company; they are picking the car up tomorrow. I should have it the middle of next week. Yeah!!!!!

21. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Something we've all learn who have had cars shipped....All drivers are liars!!!!
    Stay on them because next week will turn into the following real quick. And it's always some excuse "cops are out in force" or something like that. Washington is concidered a dead zone and drivers hate coming here so bug the hell out of them if they are not telling you what you want to hear! My 7-10 days turned into 7-10 from the FIRST 7-10day deadline.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing you at some events!

22. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Nice seats! I'm jealous.
    So those oval mirrors are California type?. I thought they were stock/standard issue.

23. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm pretty sure. California is just the model name from Vitaloni. I think you have the Pronto's like mine don't you DJ. I can't find them anywhere!! I might have to go back to the California or the Turbo but that will mean body work as the mounting base is smaller than the Pronto.

24. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Eric,

Congratulations on your Ferrari purchase!

You'll have to bring it out to a club event after it arrives.

I like the red piping on the seats, it goes nicely with the red/black boxer paint scheme.

Gary

25. D-348

D-348 Karting

May 6, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Cochran
    Congrats! Can't wait to see it in person! Welcome to the club!