garage width ? | FerrariChat

garage width ?

Discussion in '308/328' started by haffner, Jul 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. haffner

haffner Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    UK Worcester
    Full Name:
    Brenden Haffner
    Test drove a 348 today, i'm about to trade in my 964 turbo for one. However, i need to know if it will fit in my garage ? I noticed how thick the dorrs are ?

What is the minimum garage width required, and still be able to get out ! (i'm 5'8 and slim)

appoligies for the stupid question !!!

Brenden

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Go take it for another drive and tell them you want to try it in your garage. Tell them it's a deal breaker 'cause "If it don't fit you must a...quit". That is assuming it's close enought to your house!

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Hi Brenden, and welcome to FerrariChat!

I just made some measurements in my driveway with my 348. If you draw a straight line between the outer edges of the LF and LR tires, where they contact the ground (so you are imagining where the tires would be in your garage space), then open the drivers door all the way and use a carpenter's level to mark the spot on the ground corresponding with the full opening width of the trailing edge of the door, I get 43". So in other words, if you don't have a clear space 43" wide to the left side of where your tires would be, you can't open the door all the way. And it's possible to crack the door panel by banging it into an obstruction (believe me). If a 348 is 74.6" wide, you would need a space about 160" wide in order to open both doors all the way.

I have so much junk in my garage that I can't open my own doors all the way, and it's a pain! Things should be better after last weekend's garage sale. We'll see.

Good luck with your 348 purchase!

4. haffner

haffner Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    UK Worcester
    Full Name:
    Brenden Haffner
    Thanks for the info Guy's. I measured, and i still couldn't be sure !!! So I took your advice and phoned the dealer, he kindly brought a car round, and we squeezed it in !!! and I squeezed out !!!

Looks like the Ferrari is ON !!!! but with some slight property modifications !

Bren

5. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Some of the guys in England have posted pictures of their 348's in EXTREMELY narrow garages, I can't imagine how they get in and out of their cars.

Tell us about your possible new purchase!

6. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    For instance...