Houston - Opinions on Expo Motor Cars? | FerrariChat

Houston - Opinions on Expo Motor Cars?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by LSU348, Jul 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Has anyone closed a deal on a car with Expo MotorCars on 59 near the beltway? They seem to price in the right ballpark and the selection looks good. I am looking for a new daily driver (as well as a 348) and the 911 selection looks rather tasty.

www.expomotorcars.com

2. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    I purchased my Boxster from them and had a really good experience. David Yi, my salesman was honest, never played any games and went out of his way to make sure I felt like I was getting a good deal. I think the warehouse location and cheap prices throw people off, but it's a great way to get a good deal on a highline car. Lots of their business is out of town, so they would have lousy feedback on e-bay if the cars were less represented. My Boxster was priced 4-6k below market.

3. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The reason why I asked is because I noticed their asking prices were lower then market per your statement below. I will have to swing by and have a look at the selection. Their inventory is impressive.

4. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    My dad bought a Viper from them a while back. Nice dudes, good prices, good cars, good dealership...

5. Frissen

Frissen Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    USA/Mexico
    Full Name:
    Frissen Gutierrez
    did you notice that both of their "new" 360 spyders come from FoH as well as the Maseratis. The Maseratis are well under msrp as market rules and the spyders are well above msrp, once again as market rules.

The car that seems very well priced is the silver GT2 at just a fraction over $150k which is reasonable for such car, and if they don't move it soon it will have to come down a bit more once the '05 Turbo S come out.

Now going south of the border, as you know (I posted this before) Ferrari of Mexico is based here in Puebla, and they confirmed that the 430 was here for testing and some photos, I have to say "Thanks for calling" as they DIDN'T !!!! to watch that car, they made up by letting me hear the Stradale seating in their showroom once again, rumor says its sold and most likely find a home in the States as FoM is now importing US spec cars only and Euro under request.

http://misfotos.homestead.com/files/Ferrari_Puebla_360M_Stradale_fr.JPG

6. meloyelo

meloyelo Karting

May 20, 2002
    Houston Texas
    Holy Hotrods Batman - They have 497 cars listed in their inventory?

wow.

my

7. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    One word...warehouse...OK...two words...BIG warehouse.

8. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Went by there today and met David Yi. They had sold the 2002 996 C2 I was most interested in. Drove a green 2001 C2, nice car but the previous owner did not take perfect care of it. Nothing dramatically wrong (cosmetic mostly and one shock may have had a bad day but it wasn't blown) but I think Ferrari ownership has made me a tad more critical on cars. I'll be watching for other 2002 models on their lists. They do have a Gallardo and Murci in the shop. I was not impressed by the Gallardo. First time I saw one up close. Probably looks a lot better from behind the wheel at 175mph or so. The Murci was artwork of course.

Very nice shop and I recommend David.

Correct web page is www.expomc.com

Every car they have appears to be on ebay under the ID Y2K-MC .

Laters,

-Mike

9. gentry

gentry Guest

yeah, I am looking at an Audi A8L they have there for 71k with only 700 miles, even has the Mille Miglia F20s I want already on it.

Not a bad price at all.

They are a bit stuck up though. I showed up one day to look at a range rover and I was there for 30 minutes before I left after not one sales person spoke to me. And I was standing infront of their desks, they were just chatting it up, eating, surfing the web, etc.

Their loss I guess.