Concorso d' Italia | FerrariChat

Concorso d' Italia

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by DieCast MotorSports, Jul 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DieCast MotorSports

DieCast MotorSports Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    This year the Concorso d' Italia will be held on the grounds of Meadow Brook Hall in Rochester Hills, Michigan. For the first time, this event will be in conjuction with the Meadowbrook Concours d' Elegance. July 31st is the date for the Concorso. August 1st is the date for the Meadow Brook Concours. Should be a great weekend to see lots of eye candy. See www.meadowbrookconcours.org for more info.

Ross

2. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anyone planning on going? I'm planning on it. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to drive my 348 Spider. Is anyone interested in meeting up before hand and creating a caravan?

Let me know!

Mike

3. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anderson?... Here
    Barrit?... Present
    Bueller?...
    Bueller?...
    Bueller?...

4. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I've got a shoot to attend in W. Michigan so I will have to miss it.

5. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    My wife and I will be leaving Muskegon about noon, hope to see some of you there. I'll be driving the TR there of course, no trailers for me!

6. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are you coming in for Friday (Fashion show and auction preview) or are you going to be there on Saturday (Concorso d'Italia)?

Mike

7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Jerry , are you entering your car ? I'm going to be judging, i just don't know which class yet. See you there.

8. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Mike, I'll be there at about 4:00 pm today (Friday). We're staying at the Hilton on Featherstone Rd in Auburn Hills.

John, yes I will be entering my car. That's fantastic that you are judging! Just make sure you are on TR duty (wink, wink, nod, nod). Actually with my afermarket wheels, steering wheel, pedals and exhaust, I have no chance of a medal, but I don't care I just love the show.

9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Jerry .The Meadowbrook location is one of the nicest places for this type of event.I'll see you tomorrow.

10. DieCast MotorSports

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    My wife and I will be there early. The weather is supposed to co-operate with us.

Ross

11. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is anyone going to be leaving from the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area (or passing through?)

Mike

12. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Im going. Anyone from Bloomfield Hills going?

13. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    i am going. i am getting up at 530 to get there by 730 to see the cars getting there and getting off the trucks. i was told i could get in because i have a media pass. if anyone entering a car or judging would like tell about the experience of the event please let me know because i will be doing a feature at fast-autos.net.

my last feature was http://www.fast-autos.net/features/04lebelle/index.html

14. DieCast MotorSports

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    Nathan,

Great job on the article and photo's.

Ross

15. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    MAN, I AM SOO PISSED. I JUST BACK FROM THE CONCOURS AND FOUND OUT THAT I MISSED THE COCOURSO D'ITALIA. AAARGHHHH. Was it was the first anual? I didnt even know :(. I got their late Saturday so I had no choice but to miss that and the RM auction.

ANYWAYS, I took lots of pics of Sunday's event. look for my post on the Canadian section.

Cheers.

Vasco.R

16. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    This was the third year. It was the first at the Meadowbrook location. Sorry you missed it. There were some outstanding cars. Maybe next year.

17. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    All I can say is WOW! I saw Jerrari's TR, Dave Wexall's boxer, and a whole slew of really nice cars on Saturday. I can't wait until next year!

Mike

18. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    How about that 250 Spider California!?

John, what are you doing on F-Chat at 6:34 in the morning!?

19. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I can't believe I forgot to mention the 250 GT California. I can't believe I actually got to hear that car run. That was definately a site to see and hear! Did I hear correctly? Did that car used to really be Enzo's personal car? That was amazing!

Hey Jerry, I looked for you, I found your car, but I couldn't find you. Your car looked great!

20. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Wow, was it the red California that was at the show on Sunday? I have pictures of that. Will post them all tomorrow!

Vasco.R

21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Jerry , i start work at 6 a.m. !!What can i say. It was great to meet with you again and a pleasure to meet your lovely wife .Maybe next year i'll have a different car .

22. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It most likely was. I didn't go on Sunday. If it was owned by a gentleman from Grand Rapids, that would be it.

I saw it on Saturday when it was being lined up for the awards procession. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was absolutely stunning!

Mike

23. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I saw your black TR there - nice!

24. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Thanks Dan, I saw you and Cable there but you were too busy smoking stogies w/ the rest of your clan...LOL!! Who's that hottie that works for you guys!? (Please don't tell me it was your wife).
    How about that Ford GT...man what an awesome car!! Also the Vanquish really got my blood pumping (as well as ALL Ferraris of course).

25. DieCast MotorSports

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    I was disappointed at the lack of organization of this years event. I talked with Randy Cox (one of the Concorso d'Italia founders) about it. He told me that since it rained earlier, the cars weren't allowed on the course until 8am. Most of the cars were in place by 9:30, 30 minutes past the starting time, but there is no reason that cars are still coming onto the course at 10:30-11:00. If the owners can't get the cars there in time, then they shouldn't be allowed in. That was one of my biggest complaints about the Italian Happening. Cars were still coming in close to the end of the event. It was their first year at Meadowbrook, so I will say that its just part of the learning curve. Hopefully next year will pull together like a world class event, which is what the promoters of the Meadowbrook Concours are trying to provide.

I spotted Kizdan and Jerrari at the show but they were both very busy at the time, so I didn't stop and say hello. Jerrari, All I can say is, beautiful TR you have there. The red California spyder was my favorite of the show as well. It was great seeing the two Enzo's in attendance. I always see Federov's yellow one at the shows, but it was great seeing the red one. I will have to load some photos when I get them back.

Ross