Skid plates on 360? | FerrariChat

Skid plates on 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by andybm3, Aug 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I was thinking about putting Hill Engineerings front end skid plates on my new CS, has anyone done this on a CS or 360? Do they work?

2. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i had teflon skid plates installed on a 360 modena i had. they worked in that when i scrapped the bottom front bumper i felt better because i knew it scrapping against the skid pads rather than the bottom of the bumper itself. BUT because the pads we're about a 1/4 inch thick (or whatever) i *seemed* that i hit bottom more often. no big deal. now i have a couple stradales and i've decided not to install skid pads. i've found that if i'm a bit careful going up/down driveways that i rarely scrap bottom. and if i do scrap bottom it doesn't seem to do any serious damage (just scraps a bit off the bottom of the bumper which doesn't really bother me). and the stradale is lower than the modena so if i install the skid pads i know i will scrap bottom more often. so i'm not going to install skid pads this time.

3. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    what kind of material does Hill Engineering use? how much?

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H