Landrover drive | FerrariChat

Landrover drive

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Aug 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Went yesterday to Bedminster area. After the rain & such, made for a way fun drive! On the highway, quiet, quick, has the steptronic automatic. I made the Montreal Pro-driver a little nervous with my incessant "manual" shifting and hand-over-hand steering. "Sir, you use your left foot for the brake. We've determined you have much better control." "I use my left for a clutch. Unless you want to go through the windshield, I'll brake with my right, thank you."
    car: "bing, bing, bing, bing"
    pro:"Sir, that's the car saying you've exceeded the preset speed limit of 60mph. [looking down we were doing 70 on a 50mph road] It can be set higher or lower"
    me: "then set it higher!"
    I don't think I'd take on a Ferrari....too much body roll in the rover. ;)

However, going through the mud, streams, hills, berms and such was way fun. The watch demo, entertaining demo (hmmmmm. curry flavored chocolate, chili pepper chocolate....good stuff!) also was ok.

If you haven't gone, go! they tell me it's quiet during the week, so they'll take walk-ups.

2. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Sorry I missed that one. I will be home tomorrow.

3. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I had a blast with Clyde and my brother @ the RR event too. I was very impressed with the HSE yesterday. I have never done offroading like that before. Was nice to thrash someone else's $73K vehicle instead of my own. I will post a few pix later today when I get a chance.

Clyde can you send me that pic of me in the LR3?