Jumpy 308 Speedo | FerrariChat

Jumpy 308 Speedo

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by samtheclip, Aug 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samtheclip

samtheclip Karting

May 30, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam Pasceri
    The odometer works fine and is accurate but, the speed is not correct and always jumps up and down 20 - 30 mph. I removed the unit. Before sending it out I want to know if it is in the speedo itself or in the sending unit. I heard that there is a way to make a pulse generator what will make the look like it is going "x" MPH. I am not worried about making the car off my a mile or 2. I just refuse to send it out before know where the exact problem is. Does anyone know how to make a pulse generator and what wires to hook up where? I know that there are 3 main wires. I know it should not exceed 12V. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Perhaps some of the teeth in the gauge's gears are broken?

3. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Try a search, maybe it has to be in the old forums, this has been discussed before. It could be a cable problem, or this might be like the way I fixed my MB speedo. For info on that, do an internet search on "BMW 2002 Speedo Repair".