Those Bastard's | FerrariChat

Those Bastard's

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by rt207, Aug 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rt207

rt207 Karting

Jan 4, 2004
    Full Name:
    ryan
    Ok here's the story, I went out for lunch on Friday at a national restaurant chain. Ordered the meal ate paid and left. Saturday i discovered that I had been given the wrong debit card back. IE someone elses. I call and cancel my card and tell the credit card company operator that i have my coworkers card and that he may have mine. (keep in mind that he is unaware of the situation and has bought a few things.) So she calls him and gets his number so we can meet up and i can get his card back to him. I meet up with him and he gives me cash for the things he bought things are ok. I admit it is our fault for not noticing that we had been given the wrong cards at the restaurant. But i do place blame on the waiter for the mistake and the other retail store for not checking id like it clearly says on the back of my card, and allowing two seperate transactions with two seperate employees to go through. I am supose to have a conversation with both of the district managers of these business this week to get some answers since neither of the store managers could provide anything but I don't know's. Does anyone have some suggestions on goverment agencies to file formal complaints with, besides the bbb. Any other suggestions on what to do with the situation are also welcomed.

Thanks

2. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    Off with their heads!! :D

Seriously though, I wouldn't lose sleep over it as long as everything is ok. No harm, no foul in this instance.

-DC

3. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Track down all the family members and shoot them, burn their houses down, burn their cars, kill their pets, then finally kill the person very slowly, or just forget about it.

4. rt207

rt207 Karting

Jan 4, 2004
    Full Name:
    ryan
    I'm better now, amazing what some sleep does for anoying things like that.

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    sleep is always a good thing. :D

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Yeah, until some PRICK at the fluff and fold gives you the wrong pillowcase!

DL

7. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I wouldn't lose sleep over it either. Only time I had a similar problem was at the local Sam's Boat.

I went in for a few drinks with a friend of mine. My total was something that amounted to ~$12+tip. When I checked my account the next day, it was $12+tip and a $64 charge. After haggling with the manager for a few days, and a few joker-type waitresses that thought it was cute to pose as the manager to get rid of/filter out issues, the steam poured from my ears.

Again, you have nothing to worry about here. Don't lose too much sleep. I too, have "please ask for ID" in bold sharpie print on the back of my cards. I would say 1 in 30 times I'm asked.

8. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    No trial, no jury, straight execution!

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Classic!!! :D :D ... nearly pissed myself!

Yep easy mistake to make ... and I do not know about you, but I'm human and make a couple a year ;)

But ...
    This is worth mentioning to the boss of that retail store though ... politely, because that card could have been stolen.

Pete

10. chrislamborghiniatlanta

chrislamborghiniatlanta Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    I don't know if this helps or not, but I do not sign the back of any of my cards for just that reason. They then have to ask for I.D. in order to see if the signatures match. This does not always happen this way but it helps out some. Good luck with the store manager/district manager, I used to do that stuff for a living and they will just blow sunshine up your ass until you go away. Now if they had lost the money due to it being a stolen card and getting charged back by the CC company, heads would roll at the retail store and they would be much more certain to manage it.

Chris

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I agree...........I'd let this go and wait for something a bit bigger to get stressed about.