What's going on with Garage Francorchamp ?? | FerrariChat

What's going on with Garage Francorchamp ??

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Roland E Linder, Aug 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I heard that Belgium will have a new "importer". The new dealer will be in Waterloo??? Does any one knows about that change??
    Thanks
    Roland
    F40LM

2. Bel360

Bel360 Karting

Nov 23, 2002
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Roland,

That's wright he will be the new importer for the Benelux.

Bart

3. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Thanks Bart, At least it's back in Belgian hands...An other page of history being turned..
    Roland
    F40LM

4. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

5. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    there was somewhere an article in a magazine that they were took over by the French importer....

6. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    Bonjour Roland,

Because of the liberalisation of car distribution in Europe there are a lot of changes in the dealer networks.

From 01/01/04 already Garage Francorchamps isn't the official importer for Ferrari and Maserati in Belgium/Luxembourg anymore. Its Ferrari spa itself who takes over the controls for distribution. A new organisation has been set up under the name of "Ferrari Maserati West Europe" with headquarter in Levallois-Peret near Paris in the buildings of the former Charles Pozzi. France, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg will be supplied and organized from Paris. So no more private owned importers but everything directly under control of Ferrari itself.

Garage Francorchamps, now located in Zaventem near Brussels, will close its doors around october-november this year and therefore there's no more contract with the British Inchcape holding which finally owned Garage Francorchamps. By the end of this year Ferrari and Maserati will be moved to Waterloo at the other side of Brussels. It is the Peeters Family who are now responsible for Belgium. They are well-known for many years in the car distribution and have BMW, Opel and Saab dealerships and are above that the one and only official Belgian importer for Rolls Royce.

I was in Waterloo last week and checked out the building they are preparing for Ferrari & Maserati. I am curious.

Please note that there's a new magazine on the market! I found it yesterday in a press-shop at our national airport.
    It's called "Ferrari Club - La revue du Club Ferrari France". 150 pages, glossy & good quality, comes out 4 times a year. 612 on the cover, articles about 360 CS, 121 LM, René Arnoux, Maranello Rosso, Inside F1, Jacques Swaters and Daniel Marin who talks about the new distribution. If you wish I can send you a copy Roland, no problem at all.

What I don't know is what will happen with Jacques Swaters famous private Galleria! I heard that the building of Garage Francorchamps gonna be used for offices and they gonna even build another floor on top of it! I hope he can keep his cellar......

If somebody else has more information please keep us updated!

Cordiali saluti,
    Joren REMANS

7. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Million thanks for your time to get me answers about garage Francorchamps.
    I remember the garage when it was in town ( in a small street in Uccle??) and saw it once along the route to Zaventhem. My brother was invited to see the collection a few years back. I had to get pictures etc from our old local Ferrari
    driver Danny Collins who raced TR in Colorado, for Jacques Swaters's book.
    Maybe that all is under one importer, it will be even better but never like it was under Jasques's ombrella... Change of time !!!
    I would love to put my hands on that book. Let me know how I can pay you
    for the trouble of sending it to me. Vincent send me a book from the Belgium club.
    You can't imagine who much I enjoyed it.
    Thanks for your help
    Roland
    F40LM