Could this be for real | FerrariChat

Could this be for real

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by barranr, Aug 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barranr

barranr Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Herndon VA
    Full Name:
    Rod Barrand
    2002 FERRARI 360 SPIDER/SPIDER F1 (ZFFYT53A220127994)

Cars.com have it listed for $29,800 from Select Luxury Cars

(from carfax)
    General Comments:

05/14/2004 US Customs
    Vehicle exported from
    United Arab Emirates
    and imported to
    Charleston, SC

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Could it be? SUre anything is possible.

Is it? No.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It has a few bullet holes....some damage from the car bomb in the parking space next door....

But... It's one owner low miles!! :)

4. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    If you gotta ask...

And WTF, I don't know that much about 360s, but can you get them with Pulse Front Seats, multi-level heated and ventilated seats, Parktronics (parking beepers??) and a power moonroof on a convertible???

Of course you could always CALL as they request. I suspect they got the 360 and a Lincoln Navigator mixed in the 2 parts of the listing.

Matter of fact, they have that 360 listed on their website (click on "SEE THIS DEALER'S WEBSITE" then "MANAGERS SPECIAL") for $192000.

Case closed.

5. barranr

barranr Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Herndon VA
    Full Name:
    Rod Barrand
    I did CALL as they asked, but i guess with the time difference they are not open yet, and WTF i don't know anything about them either

you need to watch the blood pressure don

6. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    I lived in Dubai for 20 years and saw many cheap cars for sale, but a 360 at that price no. best I saw was a 355 for 25,000$ but the whole left side of the car was damaged.

A TR for 28,000$ with a heavy front end smash.

Also the import tax, plus shipping to the US. The price does not make much sense.

If you take your car for a service with the main dealer and walk through the workshop and holding area you will find many damaged Ferraris waiting for parts and repair. The guys out there do not know how to drive these cars without damaging in the long run.

With Dubai being the hottest tourist destination in the Middle East it is worth a visit for Ferrari fans as there a lot of F cars there. Also a new race track and possibly Team Dubai next year.

Oh and there are no bombs in Dubai, just a bunch of Friendly Arabs and Indian traders who have only one purpose. To remove as much of your cash from you while you are there. They are very good at that.

7. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!!11111