interesting comparo of P PCCB and CS CB | FerrariChat

interesting comparo of P PCCB and CS CB

Discussion in '360/430' started by watt, Jul 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    an un-named English Porsche pal of mine thought he had toasted his PCCB rotors after 5 track events but it seems they're good for a few more miles. Note his comment on CS brakes:

The car has been back to PCGB to have the pads changed (they had started to break up) and we now have a second opinion on the state of the disks.

They have not cracked (yet) but are very heavily scored, they think there is another 3-4K miles in them before they will have to be replaced

In answer to your questions

- I do a warm up lap to get temprature into the disks and tyres

- Do maximum of 10 laps (tyres start to go by this time) and then a cool down lap without braking (if possible) Car is then left to stand until the disks are cool enough to touch (usually about a piss and a coke time)

-Always take the car back the the OPC after every event and they clean out the holes whilst it is on the ramps.

- I was tempted to play with pads but decided to stick with the OEM fitment, I think they are yellow.

What is of interest is I drove 3 legged Donkey CS today and have to say that the ceramic technology of the Rarri is streets ahead of the Porsche product.

Apaprently the disks are the same ones used on the Enzo, either way if you could get the Rarri disks on my RS I could take anotehr 2-3 seconds a lap from my track time! Awsome!!

2. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    And what is it about Ferrari not being as well "engineered" as Porsche, BMWs et al?

It is interesting that the amount and quality of Ferrari technology and engineering is never mentioned, on this board or in magazine articles, but it is so evident when you drive the cars. It's the same view as the idea that beautiful women aren't bright-- without foundation and often disproved.

Forza,

Cavallini

3. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Clearly Ferrari have excellent engineering...

still some failures to execute to a high standard on the production line: as evidenced by the need to fettle your car on arrival...

as a 25 year Porsche addict, reliability and "bullet proofness" when continually hammered is what makes them attractive..... but PCCB have become a costly issue for track goers