The moving of posted threads | FerrariChat

The moving of posted threads

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Aug 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    OK. I know there is a Car & motocycle post area. It gets 10X less traffic than off-topic. I don't post because I am bored, I post because I want feedback. I started a thread about buying a new 4Runner and I wanted the max number of views and replies, not for the post to be moved to an area of 10X less activity.

I think that my post that was moved is just as important as tennis courts, diets without soda and a pic of some chicks butt, wondering what it is!

Am I punchy today?.... You bet!

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Peter,

If we wanted to only get the most amount of traffic even my "driving on dope" or Carbon's "no soda diet" should be in the Ferrari general section. I mean that gets the most traffic, I would assume.

Rob has different sections so things are organized in a manner which he prefers.

I am sorry you feel the way you do, but cars/trucks/motorcycles all go in the section, where your thread was moved to.

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    AMEN TO THAT

READ MY POST ON GENERAL DISCUSSION " 10000 MEMBERS AND CLIMBING"

IM STILL PUNCHY...............

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Pete,

I'm sorry but this belongs in the punchy butt section and THAT is on another site entirely!

DL

5. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    LOL. Dave, your a "thread killer".

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yea, I guess you and Bruce are going to be busting my balls for a few days now. Something to look forward to. :)

Cars and Motorcycles gets about a third of the traffic, not quite a tenth.

This post on the BMW 330/M3 got over 30 posts in the proper section...

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25395

Did you do a search of the memberlist for people with a 4Runner as other car? Invite them to your thread.

Would you like me to find you a Toyota site?

7. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Rob, No, I'm not going to bust your cohonnies! My quick-view math came up with a tenth for the month. Lets see: Off-Topic: 71,353 / 6254 Vs Cars and MX's at 4538 / 466. Where is my math wrong to prove it's a third?

I did not do a filtered search. I will have to try that out. It's just that the fact remains that Off-Topic gets fast and plentiful replies and that's what I was after.

Thanks.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Simple. When we broke down all the Off Topic sections, we didn't bother to separate all the past threads, so all of them remained in Other Off Topic. To get a judge of traffic, just count how many threads have been active in that forum the past day or two.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Speedy308 has a Toyota and turns down cash offers from illegal aliens on a 100141:1 ratio over offers to buy his Ferraris.......

The only problem I've seen lately was when the OT Nekkid Girl w/Enzo was merged with the Bikini Thread, with unfortunate confusion..

We are waiting for a clarification from FCA Florida over confirmation that the thong in question was in fact 2 ply Nomex, as required .........