AT&T Billing Problem | FerrariChat

AT&T Billing Problem

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jeff, Aug 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Can anyone provide me with a phone number I can call to resolve a billing problem. This is for a home phone not wireless. AT&T is billing me for a service I no longer have. Their Customer Service is of no help. Customer Service agrees that I don't have their service or that I owe any money but every month I get a bill. Customer Service won't or can't connect me to the Billing Department. Thanks for any help

2. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    same thing happened to me; they then sent it to a collection agency; i sent the collection agency a copy of my cancelled check for the close-out payment on the account (this was for a carphone system in a car i had gotten rid of months before, and thought i had successfully closed the account and paid the outstanding bills until they started dunning me). Have not heard from the collection agency lately, but AT&T's strategy seems to be to be unavailable to resolve the issue, figuring you will cave and pay rather than risk credit rating problems. Their service sucks anyway. Too bad, it was once a great company. Monopolies are not always a bad thing, you know....

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    When they won't or can't connect you to the billing department, can they at least give you the number to call...? What about on the bill itself...? There's no number to call with questions, concerns, etcetera...? How about if you call the number where people call to GET the service...? Speak to a supervisor; talk slowly and calmly, take breaths, sound agitated but with a twinge of humor - they'll get the message that you mean business and you've obviously been put through the wringer and have lost all patience for putting up with nonsense...

4. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    I was under the impression that utilities aren't an influence on one's credit rating??

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    THis is the THIRD person to have a problem, at least, on this site. I was #2. I just switched away from their service... right now I am getting the "nice" bill collection folks at AT&T asking me to please resolve the issue since they know I no longer have their service. I've tried and tried but they refuse to accept my documentation I've sent them.

Screw AT&T. I will never use them ever again.